News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Where did you ride today?

Started by VladTepes, Friday, 10 February 2017, 01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric GSX1400K3

How do you find the taller gearing?
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

MickyJB

Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Friday, 06 February  2026, 03:16 AM
Quote from: MickyJB on Thursday, 05 February  2026, 09:45 PM



Love both of those! Quite different but appreciate both for what they are.

The Zephyr is mine, one of my sons resto builds.
Mick
08 SE GSX1400 - 03 XJR1300 - 02 ZZR1200 - 2019 FJR1300
Ulysses 69619

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Friday, 06 February  2026, 01:05 PMHow do you find the taller gearing?

It suits what I do.

I'm only 80kg and all the gravel roads, logging track, forest trails etc I do aren't really that challenging. Even on the dirt I spend most of the time in 5th (top). The E's are definitely geared more for proper off roading.

I noticed it needs a fraction more encouragement pulling away, but nothing that'll ever be an issue.

On the bitumen 80kph used to feel OK, 100 felt a bit cruel. Now 100kph feels fine.

It's only the same gearing now as the similar but slightly tamer 400S so nothing extreme.

If it was a farm bike or for serious off roading I'd have left it alone, now it's ideal for a mix of highway and soft roading.
.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: MickyJB link=msg=116146  :cool: date=1770352605The Zephyr is mine, one of my sons resto builds.

Yeah, I think I've said before, I bought a matching pair of C3's when they came out, not as nice as the wire wheel version, that really suits the styling. It certainly gives off a classic Z650 vibe.
.

lurch

#724
130km or so solo round trip for a coffee this morning. Seemed like an appropriate response to a couple of days home from work being cut short.

Also - this photo has made me decide it's time to brave the header bolts and fit the shiny new setup I've had for a while.

KiwiCol

Well, seeing as how the Rocket is out of action for a couple of weeks, I decided to take the Black out for a run. So after installing the necessary bits, off I went.  She still runs sweet, took her to 7500 & no missing, just smooth & wanting more. Pleased she's still good.  Had a decent ride, but as she's not really meant to be on the road, I didn't go past an hour.  Ended up at the end of road at the river mouth & took a couple of snaps there.  The sea behind the bike is the Tasman Sea & there's nothing between where the bike is & Australia, actually, in the first pic, if you look closely, you can just make out the coastline.

20260207_133848.jpg


20260207_133923.jpg

Anyone want a spare good running 14 can have this one for $3,000 as is.  It really needs / deserves to be ridden more.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: lurch on Saturday, 07 February  2026, 09:50 AM


We had a BBQ with some of my wife's family there recently. It's a nice spot.

.

Eric GSX1400K3

Wonder what the freight cost to WA is for a 1402? My stable could always use another Suzuki, even a slower one...
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

Only $2500 Aust Eric, I looked earlier. Postage, no idea.

Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Mr Gee

Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Saturday, 07 February  2026, 01:13 PM
Quote from: lurch on Saturday, 07 February  2026, 09:50 AM


We had a BBQ with some of my wife's family there recently. It's a nice spot.



Question 1) How did they taste?

Question 2) won't she miss them?

 :rofl2:  :happy1:  :lol:  :onya:
Mr Gee

Tony Nitrous

#731
Monday morning, 6am start......






.

Mr Gee

Work and back.

Great news, they're getting rid of my truck, so I have no more work.

Only worked part time but I needed it. Bugger.  :jack:
Mr Gee

Pommeroy

Quote from: Mr Gee on Tuesday, 10 February  2026, 01:47 PMWork and back.

Great news, they're getting rid of my truck, so I have no more work.

Only worked part time but I needed it. Bugger.  :jack:
Sorry to hear that mate. I hope something suitable comes along soon.
There's always room in the world for a bit more tolerance and kindness.

Rob

MickyJB

Tuesday, always a great morning catching up with mates .. Jarrahdale 701 Cafe, West Australia.
Mick
08 SE GSX1400 - 03 XJR1300 - 02 ZZR1200 - 2019 FJR1300
Ulysses 69619

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk