News:

20 January 2026 was our 9th birthday! We're flying toward double digits.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blubber

Quote from: Phill P on Friday, 28 August  2026, 12:57 AMAs reported elsewhere checked the oil temp sensor, but also fitted a racetec gear shift support on the Zed.
Had to look it up.
Found this one from Racetorx
Screenshot_20260827_214330_Chrome.jpg

Got the idea  :boogie:
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: Phill P on Friday, 28 August  2026, 12:57 AMAs reported elsewhere checked the oil temp sensor, but also fitted a racetec gear shift support on the Zed. Not needed on the gsx but if you have other bikes it could be worth a look. Definitely made the shift more positive
why needed on the Zed? Is the selector rod not supported enough by the enhine casing?
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Hooli

Quote from: Hooli on Friday, 28 August  2026, 12:11 AMShock news, the order this morning was just in time to get chucked on today's van so I've just been & collected the sprockets. Now sat with a cuppa watching the rain & wondering why I've got no room in the garage to keep dry.


It got dry about 4pm so I did this job and took it to bike night as a test run. All good, obviously.

This morning I need to pack and load it as I'm off to the Ogri Summer Rally. Not looking forward to it at all really but I promised someone I'd go so guess I have too.

Stevel3

Put these on this afternoon, just waiting for the new relay to turn up. The originals are safely packed away. Not to everyone's taste but I like them. I had the same ones on my last 1400 as well.

Stevel3

Also put these on recently. I had these on my last 1400 and took them off before i sold it. Not to everyone's taste, but they work well for me. The original ones were still in pretty good condition and have been stored away.

grog

Indicators Good brand, not my taste but that doesnt matter. Advice, chuck original relay under seat just in case, its also starter relay.  :onya:

Stevel3

Quote from: grog on Monday, 07 September  2026, 06:48 PMIndicators Good brand, not my taste but that doesnt matter. Advice, chuck original relay under seat just in case, its also starter relay.  :onya:
Thanks mate, I didn't know that.

Eric GSX1400K3

I have same indicators, Stedi good brand waterfall type.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Stevel3

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Monday, 07 September  2026, 07:42 PMI have same indicators, Stedi good brand waterfall type.
Yeah they are bright and not too small. I'm just waiting for a new relay now. They aren't working atm, just a quick flash then nothing.

Hooli

A mate has those on her's, I don't find them that easy to see. But she likes them & it's her bike so it's all good.

Hooli

If anyone was at Stormin' the Castle this weekend you might have seen my Bloo Thing in the custom show. I knew she wouldn't win anything and she didn't but you get a free t-shirt for entering so I did it for that.

I'll sort some pics at some point, hardly awake yet today & pretending to work.

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: Stevel3 on Monday, 07 September  2026, 08:07 PM
Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Monday, 07 September  2026, 07:42 PMI have same indicators, Stedi good brand waterfall type.
Yeah they are bright and not too small. I'm just waiting for a new relay now. They aren't working atm, just a quick flash then nothing.
yup, std relay doesn't work as there not enough current draw to switch the relay correctly.   Ive got a Hong Kong special 4.95 led relay in mine that still works after about 8 years. Keep the original one under the seat.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Stevel3

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Monday, 07 September  2026, 10:22 PM
Quote from: Stevel3 on Monday, 07 September  2026, 08:07 PM
Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Monday, 07 September  2026, 07:42 PMI have same indicators, Stedi good brand waterfall type.
Yeah they are bright and not too small. I'm just waiting for a new relay now. They aren't working atm, just a quick flash then nothing.
yup, std relay doesn't work as there not enough current draw to switch the relay correctly.   Ive got a Hong Kong special 4.95 led relay in mine that still works after about 8 years. Keep the original one under the seat.
Thanks, i ended up getting one here so I could get it quicker. I did have to pay up for it though

grog

Probably quicker from China😁My best from there 5 days👍Actually was indicators, bought 80ks away, thought I'd give local a go. 8 weeks🤷🏼 To top it off, under their price sticker was another local shops sticker. Fuckers had bought from them, added $10 then sold to me. Well known shop but I won't name n shame. They wonder why we look all over the world or at least I do.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 07 September  2026, 09:17 PMIf anyone was at Stormin' the Castle this weekend you might have seen my Bloo Thing in the custom show. I knew she wouldn't win anything and she didn't but you get a free t-shirt for entering so I did it for that.

I'll sort some pics at some point, hardly awake yet today & pretending to work.

Not sure if it was Stormin' but there were some pics posted up somewhere yesterday from a show in the UK. Amongst them was a 1400 powered Kat and a 1400 powered Kwak I think. Cant find the pics now.
.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk