Author Topic: Super Loud Horns  (Read 611 times)

Offline Hooli

• Torque Master
Re: Super Loud Horns
« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 09:12 pm »
I expect they'll need an earth lead as both the horn bracket & frame are painted, I don't see it being a very good earth connection to use.

Online Andre

• Forum Donor 2018
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: Yesterday at 09:29 pm »
As far as I know there is not one thing on the 14 that is earthed to the frame. The spark plugs are earthed to the engine, from there through the big earth wire directly to the battery. Every other electrical component is wired to the big earth wire (from the engine) via the connector close to the battery. The frame is earthed through the rear engine mounts. There is no direct earthing of the frame to the battery.

I would go with Kiwicol's suggestion and put a ring terminal on the earth wire. Easy and clean solution!

Online Notty

• Forum Donor 2020
  • Torque Master
« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 11:18 pm »
As far as I know there is not one thing on the 14 that is earthed to the frame. The spark plugs are earthed to the engine, from there through the big earth wire directly to the battery. Every other electrical component is wired to the big earth wire (from the engine) via the connector close to the battery. The frame is earthed through the rear engine mounts. There is no direct earthing of the frame to the battery.

I would go with Kiwicol's suggestion and put a ring terminal on the earth wire. Easy and clean solution!
I assume not using local earths is to get over the differential in each earths resistance - my Triumph Thunderbird would flash all the dashboard lights once the engine warmed up due to the normal earth location becoming high resistance (from new). So smart move by Suzuki. :)
Remember When Sex was Safe & Motorcycles Dangerous ?

anything