News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Del

@Hooli  - glad your not too banged up mate - let me know if there is anything I can do to assist mate

Del
All Lives Matter
...until you multiply them by the speed of light squared. Then all lives energy.

A 'feuchainn gu cruaidh gus fuck a thoirt seachad - ach gu mì-fhortanach a' fàilligeadh

Notty

The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Hooli

steve porter

Bummer mate, but bikes are much easier to fix than ageing body parts

DP1400

Hooli - only just read this, what a bl88dy shame. You`re not banged-up like your bike is all that matters. Thats worth a whole lot more than a new headlamp etc.  :cheers:

Grumpy old man

Now this is clearly a case of bike jealousy

It had seen you riding another and decided to try and kill you so no one could have you

Very glad you are O.K machines can be fixed not always the case with people

At least you still have another bike in the shed to keep you mobile

Who knows it may give you a big motivation to get started on the reno of the old girl as it is now broken and not actually ridable

grog

Hooli, glad youre ok. Was bad luck but good luck. At least you have your new ride. Well planned😂

Kiwifruit

Thats not supposed to happen Hooli, hope you weren't distracted by fluff on the footpath.
I have some sympathy for what Grumpy said bikes and women can be quite jealous.
On a serious note, I'm pleased you didn't get banged up too bad. Shit does happen sometimes. Serves as a lesson to us all never be complacent and maybe just that bit more vigilant.
Pleased it wasn't your new Trumpet. Hopefully you will be back to 100% soon and the 14 not that far behind. Take care fella.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Eric GSX1400K3

I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Mick_J

That's a shite piece of bad luck hooli, glad you're not too badly duffed up and I hope the 14 gets back on the road soon.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Hooli

It'll probably be next year I get the 14 back on the road, I'd planned to take it off the road for a refresh now I've got another bike anyway. This just means I need a few more parts. Could have been a lot worse though, dropping it before impact saved a lot of damage to both my 14 & the car. Oh & me...

My left knee is well swollen, I can hardly see the kneecap on one side. It works though so I know it's just bruising coming out. My right hip is a bit sore from hitting the road. The armour in my jacket worked though as I landed on my shoulder & back, but neither of them hurt at all. Oh & I have sprained my left wrist, I thought I had yesterday but wasn't sure. I'll be ok in a week or so I think.

seth

Speedy recovery buddy
And the parts will come up while your waiting to get into it over the winter .
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Hooli

I've had a closer look today, the inner plastics on the clocks are damaged. I didn't bother to put the spare key in & see if they worked, but I didn't notice anything that'd suggest not, I'll try them when I take the headlight apart & make sure the wiring isn't damaged first.

It's not happening for months but it looks an easy enough fix when I get there.

Blubber

You must have been thinking of all the new (to you) and shiny bike bits when this happened  ;)

GWS  :salute:
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

Hooli

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Wednesday, 31 March  2021, 08:02 AM
Thats not supposed to happen Hooli, hope you weren't distracted by fluff on the footpath.

I can neither confirm or deny if a very tidy blonde in a tight grey dress was walking in the vicinity of the accident or not  :whistling:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk