News:

20 January 2026 was our 9th birthday! We're flying toward double digits.

Main Menu

Refitting Headlamp into it's housing.

Started by Milts, Friday, 24 May 2019, 12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milts

    Having removed the headlamp to refit the Givi flyscreen to my 14.

    I found it challenging to refit the headlamp back into it's housing, i disconnected some block connectors to try and re-route the wiring harness to improve things, with little success.

    What i needed was a photo of the original wiring harness for guidance.....with a search on the net 'Froudy' came to my rescue having posted said photo an another bike forum.

    So i'd like to give a big thanks to Froudy  :worshippy:

   I used that photo and in no time at all my headlamp fitted back a treat, so thanks mate  :onya:


   A picture speaks a thousand words

   

Andre


Monarchjock


gsxbarmy

Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

T 24

I have to post a pick of my head lamp cover when I next time open it.
There is "a bit" more electricity than in stock lamp.
Home made nightmare :grin:

froudy

@Milts

Good to know that I've helped at least one person out :onya:

I saw your post and thought "I'll post a photo I took of mine up"...I then realised when opening your thread that it was in fact my photo anyway :rofl2:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

VladTepes

Next job for me is fitting LED headlight bulb I got from barmy so that photo will probably come in real handy :)
Ottomans: 'Hippity hoppity, Vienna's our property"
...and then the Winged Hussars arrived.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"
YouTube:  LandyVlad Rides

The Stumeister

Sometimes my headlight will pop on 1st time,no issues,no swearing,no btuised knuckles then casually screw it in.....yet some days i have spent at least half an hour struggling then finally have to try and hold it all in with one hand holding tight as i try and get 1 screw in....unreal!!!

Milts


grog

Never had a problem. Been off/on so many times. Did have a time when thought it was vibrating/buzzing. Fitted rubber all around its rim, PIA getting it back in then. Turned out it was mirror glass vibrating in shell. 

DP1400

Quote from: The Stumeister on Sunday, 09 January  2022, 12:55 AM
Sometimes my headlight will pop on 1st time,no issues,no swearing,no btuised knuckles then casually screw it in.....yet some days i have spent at least half an hour struggling then finally have to try and hold it all in with one hand holding tight as i try and get 1 screw in....unreal!!!

Thank goodness you mentioned `headlight` in this post.....for a moment there I thought i`d accidentally logged into another site - again! :rofl2:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk