News:

20 January 2026 was our 9th birthday! We're flying toward double digits.

Main Menu

What did you buy today ???

Started by VladTepes, Friday, 22 June 2018, 03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: MickyJB on Monday, 24 August  2026, 08:49 PMI keep mentioning Vietnam or NZ but my wife is a creature of habit and likes her comfort zone .. sometimes she goes with our daughters, I get to stay home and buy a bike ... sounds fair to me 🤣

Absolutely.  My first trip out here got cancelled as I had a work contract that was hard to refuse, my wife went with her mum.

Love seeing new places, but like your wife we just wanted to go somewhere familiar and relax this time.

My wife's wanted to visit Vietnam for a while so that'll be her 60th birthday retirement trip.  We just watch a series with Bill Bailey the comedian / musician in Vietnam, just confirmed it's of interest.
.

Irish in Oz


Irish in Oz

Spray Guns. Just cheap ones, my nice Iwata's went walkabout while I was overseas.

GSXKING

GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

grog


Kiwifruit

Quote from: Irish in Oz on Thursday, 27 August  2026, 03:01 PMSpray Guns. Just cheap ones, my nice Iwata's went walkabout while I was overseas.

I have all that painting stuff Jeff Iwata, Meiji, DeVilbiss, Sata, cost a small fortune. Now worth nothing.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

GSXKING

That reminds me. I bought Sidi mesh/summer boots with full waterproof liner. Fine during our winter.
I think end of financial year sales 50% off so $225 I couldn't resist 😵�💫💰💰🙀
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

GSXKING

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Thursday, 27 August  2026, 07:39 PM
Quote from: Irish in Oz on Thursday, 27 August  2026, 03:01 PMSpray Guns. Just cheap ones, my nice Iwata's went walkabout while I was overseas.

I have all that painting stuff Jeff Iwata, Meiji, DeVilbiss, Sata, cost a small fortune. Now worth nothing.
Quote from: Kiwifruit on Thursday, 27 August  2026, 07:39 PM
Quote from: Irish in Oz on Thursday, 27 August  2026, 03:01 PMSpray Guns. Just cheap ones, my nice Iwata's went walkabout while I was overseas.

I have all that painting stuff Jeff Iwata, Meiji, DeVilbiss, Sata, cost a small fortune. Now worth nothing.

Panel beating and spray painting becoming a lost art now. 😢
The conglomerates that are stealing the insurance premiums ruined the businesses.
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Irish in Oz

Quote from: grog on Thursday, 27 August  2026, 05:29 PMGood lookin boots Chris.
My old ones looked good until they got worn away.

grog

Rear fuel tank cushions, 2 upper, 2 lower. $18 delivered Ali express. $40 local Suzuki plus cost to pick up.

Tony Nitrous

Gloves.

I have 5 pairs but 4 pairs are either long, chunky or winter types.  I do like a short thinner pair with armoured knuckles, in leather for summer use on road bikes.

They don't seem to last me long. I wore out a pair of Dririder ones, now I've worn out an RJAYS pair, both I liked. My local store had neither in stock but did have the same in a brand I've never used, "FIVE".

Came with a handbook full of stuff I didn't need to know, but they seem OK.

Next I might buy some proper dirt bike gloves and not use these on the DRZ.
.

grog

Five are my Summer gloves. Evo3,I like them, don't seem to wear much.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: grog on Wednesday, 02 September  2026, 02:45 PMFive are my Summer gloves. Evo3,I like them, don't seem to wear much.

That's good to hear.

I think these were labelled as "Mustang Evo".

They seem to have a long spec about being CE Certified, Goat skin and cow hide etc.   just realised the index finger has "touch screen" feature so I can use the sat nav, phone or camera with them on too.
.

Eric GSX1400K3

+1 on the Five branded gloves. My winter ones with long gauntlet and inner cuffs are great. Warm, comfortable and waterproof.  Meets the design brief very well.

Need to check what my summer gloves are, I think they are Five, but could be DriRider, I don't remember tbh.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Tony Nitrous

Seems I'm the last one to discover the "Five" brand.
Thanks for the feedback Eric & Grog.
.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk