News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

What did you buy today ???

Started by VladTepes, Friday, 22 June 2018, 03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Nitrous

Bought a treated hardwood sleeper, cut it up into 4, joined it with 8 steel L brackets and a heap of chunky new bolts.

It was a test model to go around a fruit tree, it holds mulch and stops me hitting the tree with the mowers.

It works great, just way too expensive really as I need another 11 straight away. More later.

Whilst I was moaning about the bill I got the message that my mate is waiting to hear back from the docs about his "voluntary assisted dying".  Looks like it'll go ahead. Full of cancer and suffering.

Had two good mates here. One already gone, he's next.

Makes the price of gardening seem pretty insignificant.

I'll buy some more steepers.
.

KiwiCol

You'll have to go see him Tony, garden can wait.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

I take my Wife everyday for radiation, the poor sick people I see, hard to imagine. Keep buying sleepers Tony👍

Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

grog

No Col, JA my Wife, she's the brave one, I'm just the driver. It does take a toll but always someone worse off. IMO. Poor old bike keeps talking to me, covered up, it has new oil, recently polish, just needs a hard run, they are amazing bikes.

Mr Gee

Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Tuesday, 06 October  2026, 03:29 PMBought a treated hardwood sleeper, cut it up into 4, joined it with 8 steel L brackets and a heap of chunky new bolts.

It was a test model to go around a fruit tree, it holds mulch and stops me hitting the tree with the mowers.

It works great, just way too expensive really as I need another 11 straight away. More later.

Whilst I was moaning about the bill I got the message that my mate is waiting to hear back from the docs about his "voluntary assisted dying".  Looks like it'll go ahead. Full of cancer and suffering.

Had two good mates here. One already gone, he's next.

Makes the price of gardening seem pretty insignificant.

I'll buy some more steepers.

Why not just use an old tyre?  :onya:
Mr Gee

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Mr Gee on Wednesday, 07 October  2026, 09:03 AM
Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Tuesday, 06 October  2026, 03:29 PMWhilst I was moaning about the bill I got the message that my mate is waiting to hear back from the docs about his "voluntary assisted dying".  Looks like it'll go ahead. Full of cancer and suffering.

Had two good mates here. One already gone, he's next.


Why not just use an old tyre?  :onya:

I'll suggest it, but I think the docs prefer to use their own prescribed medical procedure.
.

Pommeroy

Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Wednesday, 07 October  2026, 01:13 PM
Quote from: Mr Gee on Wednesday, 07 October  2026, 09:03 AM
Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Tuesday, 06 October  2026, 03:29 PMWhilst I was moaning about the bill I got the message that my mate is waiting to hear back from the docs about his "voluntary assisted dying".  Looks like it'll go ahead. Full of cancer and suffering.

Had two good mates here. One already gone, he's next.


Why not just use an old tyre?  :onya:

I'll suggest it, but I think the docs prefer to use their own prescribed medical procedure.

Oh, that one's gold! Made my evening Tony.
I hope your mate's journey goes how he wants.
There's always room in the world for a bit more tolerance and kindness.

Rob

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk