News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Mystery oil lines

Started by mlivkovich, Wednesday, 19 February 2020, 01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlivkovich

Found this pic on net. I am trying to figure out routing of those lines as they go to front side of oil sump  :whatever: I saw oil lines like this positioned on many old air cooled kawasakis modified by japanese builders but I am curious how about gsx1400 :confused1:

T 24

It would be nice to know where those lines are taken from and how.
Another important thing you can see is the thermostat. 14 will need it.

mlivkovich

I agree about thermostat. Gsx runs pretty cold and thermostat would be nice upgrade :cheers:

VladTepes

Well that looks really ugly with the oil lines there, steering damper etc. Very messy.

The wheels are fancy though.


As for a thermostat - nah KISS. Why complicate things.
(Ah wait I see you are in the wintery parts of the world. Here in Australia no need for a t/stat on the 1400 at all)


As for breather on the clutch housing.... why? No need for it.
Ottomans: 'Hippity hoppity, Vienna's our property"
...and then the Winged Hussars arrived.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"
YouTube:  LandyVlad Rides

mlivkovich

Thermostat can be mounted to be almost invisble and it can be useful in cold areas. I am just curious about routing those lines. And looks? each to their own :cheers:

Andre

#5
@mlivkovich Which thermostat (brand, model) is this?

mlivkovich

I found this on https://wakaban.exblog.jp/
As I understand this thermostat is universal car part (google translate from japanese :rolleyes:).
Also many interesting mods, upgrades and texts there :cheers:

Andre

Google translator is getting a hard workout. :onya:

mlivkovich


Andre


Hooli

Inline stats do sound a good idea, I know these things never warm up enough in cold weather (hence the handbook says block part of the oil rad off).

T 24

I stil have problems to find a good place to Mocal thermostat. There is so much scrap in front of the engine :angry:

Kiwifruit

Don't mind the lines but the steering damper looks fugly.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

KiwiCol

Agreed, imagine that going into yer kneecap in a crash
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Nic

Quote from: Hooli on Thursday, 20 February  2020, 07:04 AM
I know these things never warm up enough in cold weather (hence the handbook says block part of the oil rad off).
I only have the downloaded handbook, for the life of me I can't find where it even mentions the oil cooler let alone how much or which part to block off. Can you please elaborate  :confused1:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk