News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

What did you buy today ???

Started by VladTepes, Friday, 22 June 2018, 03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

My last hat tried them all I could.Ended up with another LS2. Noticed some Moto2 riders now using them.

Eric GSX1400K3

Those LS2 flip ups are getting good reviews, im tempted as well. Old mate in the bmw club has one, he says its good and appears happy with it.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

Eric, no prob with quality or performance, just be careful of seller, some loading prices. If you know youre size, can order direct from China. I did, perfect result, $500 hat cost $120. Used it 5 years, great helmet.

Mr Gee

Ordered it a while back but it's finally, arrived.

Racetrq gear shift support for the XSR900. Always had a problem with more neutrals than gears.  :thumbs_down:

Hope this will help.  :onya:
Mr Gee

Phill P

Quote from: Mr Gee on Saturday, 12 September  2026, 08:50 PMOrdered it a while back but it's finally, arrived.

Racetrq gear shift support for the XSR900. Always had a problem with more neutrals than gears.  :thumbs_down:

Hope this will help.  :onya:

It improved the shift on my z1000sx and massively improved the shift on a friend's triumph tiger 660
Thankfully we all like different things, and I like a modded GSX1400

Mr Gee

I have heard good things about them from several people. Which is why, I decided to give it a go.

Hope it does the same for mine.  :onya:
Mr Gee

Tony Nitrous

Not today, but I can see my wallet taking a real beating soon.

With the house move, house building, buying / riding bikes etc we hadn't been over seas for a few years. We both really enjoyed a week recently at our previous regular spot in Phuket.

Mrs now thinks it'd be a great idea to do Phuket early next year and Vietnam later in the year.

I don't hate the idea, but it'll certainly disrupt the other stuff I like to do, both time wise and financially.

I guess do it whilst I still can and keep the woman happy.
.

grog

#3727
Just do it, life really changes when either one get sick.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: grog on Tuesday, 15 September  2026, 02:41 PMJust do it, life really changes when either one get sick.

Yeah, lost one neighbour to a brain tumour, the other I mentioned with the dog is going down hill, neighbour just had 8 hours worth of heart surgery and she's pretty old and frail.

The same logic I used buying the DRZ, the time when I can't do it is not that far away.

I don't have the passion for travel I once did, but my wife does and just about everything I have a do is backed by her.





.

Tony Nitrous

Bought 3 x 100mm posts, some bags of premixed concrete and some timber oil.

2 posts behind my retaining wall as a guide to back up to when loading / unloading mowers, bikes, the tractor slasher etc and to mark the ends of the hedge I'm planting. Wall is only 500mm high and the Utes closer to 800mm, but with my ramps in place the 300mm difference is negligible and makes loading much easier.

1 post to mark the end of another retaining wall that runs into the hill, but I can't see it when I turn the Ute around near it and I'm paranoid about the drop.

All 3 now 400mm into the ground, 1m out of the ground, with a bag of concrete and stained. They aren't going to get any load, just there as markers for vehicles and are near hedges that will eventually tower over them with time.
.

Mr Gee

Always wise, to keep the women in your life happy.  :onya:
Mr Gee

grog

Brake pedal rubber for my car, $58 one shop, $26 another, $8 online parts Sydney. Admittedly $10 freight but still cheaper.

Eric GSX1400K3

Webike Japan: set of fork oil and dust seals, inner and outer bronze split bushings (one is squeaking and its been 4y since last rebuild, plus they're All Balls crappy ones), 4 off brake caliper bleed nipple rubber covers and a new oil temp sensor.

Hope they have the last bit in stock...

Riding home last night, i had put fuel into it to show 4 bars, she drank half of that in a 90km round trip, so thats not normal. Everything else has been checked, tos and stps are newish tb's balanced and idle is rock solid at 1100rpm.

Fingers crossed.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Hooli

That reminds me, I still need to take the tank off the Bloo Thing & bend the fuel sender slightly. It hits reserve at about 16ltrs used which is a lot earlier than other 14s I know. It's currently got everything flashing so I'll try to do it this week. Mostly as other 14s I know do 80-100 mile before the first bar goes, this does about 60 but actual MPG is the same as other 14s I ride with.

Eric GSX1400K3

If I remember rightly,  last time I nearly ran it dry, I put in 22 litres at refuelling. I've done the breather hole mod, so tank holds close to 25l. I had fuel indicator and last bar flashing for the last 10km before I reached the petrol station. 
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk