Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooli

Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Tuesday, 08 September  2026, 04:15 PM
Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 07 September  2026, 09:17 PMIf anyone was at Stormin' the Castle this weekend you might have seen my Bloo Thing in the custom show. I knew she wouldn't win anything and she didn't but you get a free t-shirt for entering so I did it for that.

I'll sort some pics at some point, hardly awake yet today & pretending to work.

Not sure if it was Stormin' but there were some pics posted up somewhere yesterday from a show in the UK. Amongst them was a 1400 powered Kat and a 1400 powered Kwak I think. Cant find the pics now.

Can't say I recall those so it might have been elsewhere.

Stevel3

Quote from: grog on Tuesday, 08 September  2026, 04:09 PMProbably quicker from China😁My best from there 5 days👍Actually was indicators, bought 80ks away, thought I'd give local a go. 8 weeks🤷🏼 To top it off, under their price sticker was another local shops sticker. Fuckers had bought from them, added $10 then sold to me. Well known shop but I won't name n shame. They wonder why we look all over the world or at least I do.

I actually have 2 coming as the first one from o/s was taking a long time. The second one was sent express post so I hopefully get it by Friday. At least I'll have an led spare one to carry on me instead of the standard one.

Stevel3

This turned up today so decided to fit it. I'm glad I was told about the relay. I removed it to make sure i was taking the right relay out when the new one arrives. I fitted the tre but didn't put the relay back in as I was expecting the new one soon. Went to start it and it wouldn't. I then remembered the talk about carrying a spare relay. I put it back in and bike was good again. If I hadn't been told about it I would've been stumped for sure, thanks gents. 👍

Hooli

Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 07 September  2026, 09:17 PMIf anyone was at Stormin' the Castle this weekend you might have seen my Bloo Thing in the custom show. I knew she wouldn't win anything and she didn't but you get a free t-shirt for entering so I did it for that.

I'll sort some pics at some point, hardly awake yet today & pretending to work.

Yeah I didn't take many pics, I never do but here they are

No message is associated with this attachment.
IMG_20260905_155843.jpg
IMG_20260905_155854.jpg
IMG_20260905_155915.jpg
IMG_20260905_160433.jpg
IMG_20260905_160500.jpg


And finally the mad mate I went with, she rode up from Kent on L-plates. That's 307 miles each way & no motorways on a 125cc, unsurprisingly she go the Learner's Long Distance award.

Tyke Presentation  (600 x 250).jpg

Hooli

As mentioned in another thread...

Quote from: Hooli on Tuesday, 15 September  2026, 07:25 PMThat reminds me, I still need to take the tank off the Bloo Thing & bend the fuel sender slightly. It hits reserve at about 16ltrs used which is a lot earlier than other 14s I know. It's currently got everything flashing so I'll try to do it this week. Mostly as other 14s I know do 80-100 mile before the first bar goes, this does about 60 but actual MPG is the same as other 14s I ride with.

I've now done this. Not sure I've bent it the right amount, as I just guessed. It now seems to show one bar & the pump flashing when upright with the little bit that's in the tank. It'd been on everything flashing for about 20 miles when parked. I'd guess there's a couple of litres left, but I didn't have anything to empty it out & measure it. I can always tweak it again after testing, it's not a difficult job to do after all.
While in there the teabag got a quick check & a few more paint chips washed off it. I need to replace the low pressure pipe & add a little filter, but no rush yet.

Hooli

I'm now sat here thinking I'm not sure that was 2ltrs or more left...
I'm not doing anything about it though as I've got nothing to empty the tank into currently. I'll just ride to a petrol station & see how much fits in when I fill it next.

KiwiCol

Have you thought of pulling the sender out of Mk1 and comparing the two, bend Ole Blue to the same as Mk1?
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Hooli

Quote from: KiwiCol on Wednesday, 16 September  2026, 05:06 AMHave you thought of pulling the sender out of Mk1 and comparing the two, bend Ole Blue to the same as Mk1?

Aye that'd be a good idea. I'd just need more time than lunch when working from home.
To start with I need to move Snotbox and the Bloo Thing outside to get near my old 14 before I can take the tank off.

Hooli

In case people don't see the update in my bike thread....

I'm at the Soggy Moggy Rally and put the Bloo Thing in the bike show for the sake of it, she only won the prize for Best Paint!


IMG-20260919-WA0011.jpg


I guess that's all the hard work justified.

Mick_J

Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

grog

Good result Hooli 👍🏅Much better than your dirty bike.

Stevel3

#7436
Just picked up the bike from the shop. It had new Dunlop Roadsmart 4 tyres fitted, new Hel braided front, rear brake and clutch lines. Had the rear shocks pulled apart and had new bump stops, gas and oil replaced. Also got him to do a full service and check over. Weather permitting I'll take her out next weekend to see how she feels. Only thing i have on the list to do soon is new front springs and refurb.

Hooli

Who did your rear shocks? I've got a pair (two pair really) I need rebuilding & no-one I've contacted will touch them claiming they can't get the bits, even though the rebuild kits are on ebay.

When you get the front done, do the fork bushings too. That's the only bit that really wears & makes the front end shake when really bad.

Hooli

Ahh bugger, just realised you're in convictshire so it's a bit far to post my shocks.

GSXKING

Quote from: Stevel3 on Monday, 21 September  2026, 07:03 PMJust picked up the bike from the shop. It had new Dunlop Roadsmart 4 tyres fitted, new Hel braided front, rear brake and clutch lines. Had the rear shocks pulled apart and had new bump stops, gas and oil replaced. Also got him to do a full service and check over. Weather permitting I'll take her out next weekend to see how she feels. Only thing i have on the list to do soon is new front springs and refurb.

It'll feel like a new bike now mate. 👍
Have you used Dunlops before ?
If you're happy with the shop give them a plug on here too 🙏🙏😎
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk