News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

What did you buy today ???

Started by VladTepes, Friday, 22 June 2018, 03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pommeroy

My winter gloves are also "Five"...very happy with them too.
There's always room in the world for a bit more tolerance and kindness.

Rob

grog

Actually not made in China, Amazing. France & Italy.

Mr Gee

Motul chain lube. C2 clear, don't like the white stuff.

A new pair of gloves too.
RST, on sale as they are summer gloves and my old ones, are just about worn out. Seemed like a good time, to buy.  :onya:
Mr Gee

Notty

Bought a Schuberth Flip Helmet C5 anc  - reduces noise by 10db.which is a lot tbh - new cost £1100
FFS - only been out since July 26, saw this on FleaBay - paid £695
helmet.jpg
I have a ScHuberth shaped head good saving - happy days, and no its not on Froudys shed !!
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Eric GSX1400K3

I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

Well done Notty. I thought about same a while back but no response to email, nowhere to try on🤷🏼Happy with my LS2. Schuberth more expensive UK than Oz, that's a first ever.

GSXKING

Quote from: Notty on Saturday, 05 September  2026, 06:32 AMBought a Schuberth Flip Helmet C5 anc  - reduces noise by 10db.which is a lot tbh - new cost £1100
FFS - only been out since July 26, saw this on FleaBay - paid £695
helmet.jpg
I have a ScHuberth shaped head good saving - happy days, and no its not on Froudys shed !!

Please explain a "Schuberth Shape ahead" 😳

Even at discounted price that $1400 Aus.

I'm fairly certain Schuberth make all BMW branded helmets.
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

GSXKING

Quote from: Mr Gee on Thursday, 03 September  2026, 02:29 AMMotul chain lube. C2 clear, don't like the white stuff.

A new pair of gloves too.
RST, on sale as they are summer gloves and my old ones, are just about worn out. Seemed like a good time, to buy.  :onya:

I quite like the white spray so I know where I've sprayed already. It disappears by the next morning and there's very little fling. I completely clean the chain once a year. I very rarely need to readjust the chain.
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Eric GSX1400K3

14l of penrite 0w20 enviro+ c5 plus an oil filter for the Defender's 10000km interim oil change. Engine takes 8.8l, so i have spare for the next 10000km.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

KiwiCol

0w/20? God that's light for a diesel eh.  My Merc runs Penrite 5w/30 Enviro+ C3   good stuff, been using it for years.  I use that one because it had the MB certification number on it for my engine.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Pommeroy

Seeing as it's an Penrite appreciation moment...I yesterday bought 10l of Penrite 15W-40 Running-in oil in anticipation of reassembling the Fergie. Supercheap Auto had 25% off, so worth grabbing now.
There's always room in the world for a bit more tolerance and kindness.

Rob

grog

Gulf Western Synnex3000 10w40in my car, always first couple of minutes slightly tapping, hydraulic lash adjuster my guess. Last change used full synthetic 5W30 Euro.No more tapping.🤷🏼

Tony Nitrous

I use Suzuki's own Ecstar oil in my bikes.

The main dealer and I both do jobs on my bikes so I like to use the same oil.

It's the only oil that got me an extended warranty.

It's always in stock and after many years I've never had a drama.

I just stick to what has worked.



My mower (660 V-Twin Kawasaki) gets Kawasaki oil, obviously just repackaged but I pick it up when I get belts and blades etc.

Never been over fussy about what go's in the Ute, 4x4, tractor etc. I stick to the recommended weight and normally a brand I'm familiar with.
.

Eric GSX1400K3

My Defender is a P400, so petrol engined. Inline 6. Hence the 0W20 oil. Wifes jeep V6 petrol runs the same spec oil. 

Yes, it has the required JLR specifications plus i saved 91AUD when buying 2x7l drums as they were 50% off.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

All personal preference as long as the correct specs. Mid 80s had a Mate worked at Ampol  refinery Brisbane.His job was mixing oil for diff brands, each one had a recipe.Castrol,BP etc.Was interesting conversations over a few coldies.I know Repco oil is Penrite, Gulf Western also in a generic but have forgotten which.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk