News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Globalrider

I feel for ya T250 - I'm sure  that has happen to many of us.
I recall having just shoe'd my Interceptor and on Route 66 picked up a nail during a pee break mile from nowhere.
Most will say they will not repair a sport bike tire but when faced with the unknown I plugged it and wore the tire out!
Not saying to do this on a high performance bike but it worked as the bike was mostly used for touring. 
I need to go somewhere I've not been but won't know until I get there!

Mrg

Hi  Guys and lady's
A big thank you for all the kind words cheers guys  :onya:
Well the poor bike was collected to day by the bike doctor and off to be inspected so wait out on that one
The insurance have got in touch to say the car driver has admitted full liability so that is all good to , so after a ton of paper work going over the same story of the event it's wait and see who gives what back to me cost of my gear , injurys and the bike it self .
So I will keep you posted on how this goes
I think it might take a while even through he's admitting it's his fault theses thing tend too
But a big thank you guys
It was a sad day watching the bike I love going away  ???
look check and look again  then you see the fool

Speedy1959

Some time ago when my previous Michelin PR4's were just 100 miles old I acquired a puncture in the rear tyre..
I fixed it with a mushroom shaped bung and inflated with the mini compressor under my seat.
It certainly got me home fine..
I then took my wheel to a mate who removed the tyre and fitted a plug that was vulcanized onto the inside of the tyre..
7,500 miles later and I changed the tyres to a set of Pirelli Angels..
The plugged tyre didn't create a single issue and didn't lose a single psi !
If I ever get another puncture I shall have it repaired as I did previously.

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Globalrider

Quote from: Mrg on Friday, 14 September  2018, 03:40 AM
Hi  Guys and lady's
A big thank you for all the kind words cheers guys  :onya:
Well the poor bike was collected to day by the bike doctor and off to be inspected so wait out on that one
The insurance have got in touch to say the car driver has admitted full liability so that is all good to , so after a ton of paper work going over the same story of the event it's wait and see who gives what back to me cost of my gear , injurys and the bike it self .
So I will keep you posted on how this goes
I think it might take a while even through he's admitting it's his fault theses thing tend too
But a big thank you guys
It was a sad day watching the bike I love going away  ???
Geez - that must be gut wrenching! - Glad you are ok!
I need to go somewhere I've not been but won't know until I get there!

Notty

Sold my lowered seat on Ebay it went for £156 - everyone is mad i reckon no way do i think it was worth that !
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Kiwifruit

Lower another one Notty.....you could be onto a winner.
Easier than trying to ride with Gary Glitter boots.
.......ooops :facepalm:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Mick_J

Just shows there are a lot of short arses out there with plenty of spare cash.  :whistling:
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Hooli

Well they get their clothes in the back to school sales every year.

grog

Today, as advised Andre, blocked off vac hose to PAIRS. Always had just air intake blocked. That little valve is now sleeping. Havent ridden but doubt therell be any change. Hoping it adds 10 bhp.  :)

ARH

KiwiCol

You're right Grog, can't make any difference, only to the valve - I guess, as it's now not being sucked.

grog

KiwiCol

Well, it won't wear out through over use anyway . . .   

Icebreaker

Shake'n bake

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk