News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Hooli on Thursday, 06 September  2018, 01:47 AM
One day I might use the orange switched feed by the fusebox to trigger a relay & have another small fusebox for attached accessories. Rather than running the grips off it like I currently do.

One day...but currently it works so I've not bothered & after 10 years I'm kinda used to it that way.
Why use the orange by the fusebox? It's the same orange wire in the headlamp bowl which is so much easier to get at  :onya:
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Hooli

Because I started looking at the fusebox all those years ago & soldered a wire onto it.

seth

I run the heated grips ,phone charger plug and cigarette lighter socket all direct off the battery only use the cigarette lighter plug for blowing up airbad when camping .phone charger sometimes while riding as with heated grips.
All are fused the heated grips are the cleaver kind that turn off if the bikes not running.
Never had a problem after 12 years and 55000 miles.
:cheers:
Ps it's easy to remove if you run from the battery so no cutting of any wires for a temporary fit.
You just need to reset the clock each time.
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

KiwiCol

One day I might use the orange switched feed by the fusebox to trigger a relay & have another small fusebox for attached accessories. Rather than running the grips off it like I currently do.

One day...but currently it works so I've not bothered & after 10 years I'm kinda used to it that way.
Depending on how many things you want to run, you may not need the fuse box. You can go straight off the relay with 3 feeds. I've got mine set up like that already, running a 50amp relay, (plenty of capacity there), with a 15amp fuse into the relay & each item coming out has it's own inline fuse too.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Hooli on Thursday, 06 September  2018, 02:23 AM
Because I started looking at the fusebox all those years ago & soldered a wire onto it.

Fair enough, can't argue with that  :onya:

Hooli

Quote from: KiwiCol on Thursday, 06 September  2018, 02:48 AM

Depending on how many things you want to run, you may not need the fuse box. You can go straight off the relay with 3 feeds. I've got mine set up like that already, running a 50amp relay, (plenty of capacity there), with a 15amp fuse into the relay & each item coming out has it's own inline fuse too.

Quite true, but I like the idea of a fusebox if I ever do it properly.

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Hooli on Friday, 07 September  2018, 12:12 AM
Quote from: KiwiCol on Thursday, 06 September  2018, 02:48 AM

Quite true, but I like the idea of a fusebox if I ever do it properly.

That's how I've wired mine in with a fuzebox - the big plus for me is that they have self healing fuses. Plus I had to use one due to the CanBUS system on the Triumph but that's a different discussion

mlivkovich

Kiwifruit

Connected mine straight to battery......now with a fuse because l charge our intercoms, go-pro and phones when bike is turned off. Works well.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

ARH

Bike through its Austrian mot today... no issues at all...  :boogie2:      apart from the partially perished tyre valve on the front!  He immediately replaced it foc (he was the guy that fitted the new angels only a few months ago).   Just as well he found it...I had checked pressures only a few hours before and never even noticed it!  :facepalm:  Planning a long run on Sunday... would not have been nice for that thing to blow...

Note to self - must check integrity of valves every time I check tyres and pressures! 

Hooli

Flat front tyres are no fun at all. I've not had a sudden deflation but even a slow one is rather interesting to control when you try & stop.

ARH

In over 35 years of biking its only ever happened to me once (touching wood!).  That was as I was leaving a roundabout so at fairly low speed... still threw me off tho!

Globalrider

Yesterday - I got the 1400 plated in BC - she is good to go now and first serious outing will be to the 5th Annual Jap Vintage 22 Sept show in Victoria. I'll take the ferry across to Nanaimo and go over the Malahat.
Wahoo!
:hat:
Stan
I need to go somewhere I've not been but won't know until I get there!

seth

Well done  :onya:
Did you have to do anything to get it registered over there ?

Look forward to following your north American adventures.

only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

MarkN

Never had a front tyre deflate yet but earlier this year after a trip through France me Mrs N stayed over night at a Premier Inn in Portsmouth - arriving too late to get anything to eat or drink thanks to the ferry being delayed :rolleyes:  - and discovered the following day that someone had stuck a Stanley knife blade into the back tyre.
I suspect a prick of a taxi driver I had a bit of an argument with in the car park but will never be able to prove - as this was the only time the bike was unattended - and I think he came back during the night.
The tyre didn't go down until just before we got home and thankfully whilst only doing about 20mph - interesting wobbly coming to a halt though with full luggage and pillion.
Chap who replaced the tyre pulled the blade out of the tyre from the inside after removal. I would like five minutes with the tw@t who put it there :jack:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk