News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

Back Torque Limiter

Started by GEORGE, Sunday, 04 October 2026, 11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GEORGE

Hi,has anyone fitted a Brocks back torque limiter on his GSX?
I see many hayabusa guys doing this mode.

Tony Nitrous

Never tried. I assumed the GSX14 clutch may be different.

The Bocks one seemed model specific, it fits my Gen-1, Gen-2 and B-King but not my latest Gen-3.

This is the last one I bought from Brock.


It's quite common to see Busa owners weld up the stock one, I bought a Brocks solid one piece and had thought about welding up the one that came out to go into the next bike but never got around to it.

The topic will open up another can of worms on here. Not everyone likes or wants the mod, but if if you are launching hard, using more clutch and revs, it's the way to get consistency. It's a very popular mod with Busa's.

I grew up with old Z900's and 1000's, Kats, CB's etc. Not having Suzuki's crude and flawed version of a slipper clutch is no loss to me.

https://brocksperformance.com/ultra-light-billet-clutch-mod-kit-suzuki-hayabusa-bking-tl1000r-270461/
.

Tony Nitrous

There's a heap of topics in Busa groups about getting them welded.

Some part weld, some fully weld, some claim issues with welds failing, some will only replace with solid 1 piece etc.

I guess it'd need to be done well and it's a bit of a fiddly job. Most of the guys near me weld excavator buckets and farm gates!




.

Tony Nitrous

If you go back through old posts (I just did) you'll repeatedly read folk saying the 14 doesn't have a BTL / Slipper Clutch.

It does. 

It's a quite basic version, not like a modern racer, but it's there to stop engine braking locking the rear wheel.

.

GEORGE

Part 5 on pic is same  with GSX14 K5 and busa gen 1, 2.
Its the same part nurmber.
I dont do drag or drive aggresive but i hear an instant metallic sound when i pull the lever clutch with gear in box and rev the engine. Sound comes the moment i rev.
I inspect my clutch and  i assume its the back torque limiter.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk