News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

Spammers Gone

Started by KiwiCol, Saturday, 26 September 2026, 06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiCol

Hey guys, Just clicked in for a look and saw what was happening, both users have been banned and the garbage spam has been binned.  Normal service has resumed . . . . :onya:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Blubber

Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

Eric GSX1400K3

Now I see what you mean, thanks for looking after this place Col
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Tally

 @admin I am inundated with temu crap by jace someone or other how do I get rid of them ??. Tally.

KiwiCol

Just got up (a mans gotta sleep sometime) had a look in here, I see a 4th one has slipped through, gonski now & posts deleted.  I'll keep watching out.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

KiwiCol

Persistent buggers aren't they!   Just killed another one.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Tally

Thanks @kiwi col all gone  :onya:  :onya:

KiwiCol

We were just hit again, killed 2 more and deleted the junk.  Dave & Mike appear MIA at the moment, so it's just me. I have changed the registration from 'Email Activation' to 'Admin Approval'   This will add an extra step for real people wanting to join, but it will stop the forum being spammed by bots.  I see this as a temporary measure till Mike surfaces and sorts out CleanTalk.

I'm interested to know if you guys can still see the spam posts on the right after I have deleted it?   It's still there for me, I know it's in the bin, but the heading is still showing on the right, is it like that for you guys too? or have all the crap posts gone completely?
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

GSXKING

No Col gone altogether on my phone app 👍
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Eric GSX1400K3

I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Jeykey


KiwiCol

Brilliant, thx guys. 
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog


KiwiCol

LOL, guess who has just signed up again, 2 bots!  but the admin authorising is keeping them OUT!  Yahoo!  

Nope, my error, it's the ban that's keeping them out. No doubt they will change their sign in and try again, that's when the Admin authorisation will keep them out.  I can sleep easy now, not wondering if these mongrels are spamming the site.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Dwain Dibley

Good Job Fellas, well Done.

D.D.
To Infirmity and Beyond.. :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk