News:

20 January 2026 was our 9th birthday! We're flying toward double digits.

Main Menu

RIP Sabine Schmitz

Started by Cykik, Thursday, 18 March 2021, 12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cykik

I knew she was ill, didn't realise it had got so bad.
Started out with nothing, still got most of it left.

seth

R.I.P. Sabine Schmitz
I met her once at the nurburgring she was chatting to folk in the Car park before taking a group round in a minibus .
Very down to earth and like us but very very fast around the nurburgring.
:cry2:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

AndyB

I've literally just read about this..what a shock..I had no idea she was I'll....took me by surprise. What an absolute shame..
Bikes , beer , blondes ........& Bacon🤣😎

Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

DP1400

I recall watching her (on Top Gear) driving a Transit van around the Nurburgring faster than most could do it in a sports car. What a girl. Far too young to lose her life, a real shame.

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: DP1400 on Thursday, 18 March  2021, 06:29 AM
I recall watching her (on Top Gear) driving a Transit van around the Nurburgring faster than most could do it in a sports car. What a girl. Far too young to lose her life, a real shame.
That is sad,  she was an amazing driver.  In that same episode she ended up driving a dodge viper ahead of the transit van that Clarkson was driving to break up the air in front.  Made going fast look so easy.

RIP Sabine Schmitz
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

VladTepes

A hot sheila who drove fast, with enormous skill!  :)

Too young for sure, sad news indeed.
Ottomans: 'Hippity hoppity, Vienna's our property"
...and then the Winged Hussars arrived.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"
YouTube:  LandyVlad Rides

grog

So Sad, So Young. Brilliant happy person to watch. Transit van video so good. Incredible driver. Not at all fair.

Batkwaka

I never liked Top Gear, I mean cars, ewwwe.
The one time I remember enjoying something on that show, was the German lady ripping up the Ring in a transit van passing sports cars. Then stripping it bare and clocking just over 10 minutes. She was so lively, fast, talented and interesting when she spoke.
A very sad loss.
May the sun be warm & shining and your roads be smooth & winding.

Mick_J

Very sad, a very talented driver.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk