News:

20 January 2026 was our 9th birthday! We're flying toward double digits.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Gee

Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 21 September  2026, 08:41 PMWho did your rear shocks? I've got a pair (two pair really) I need rebuilding & no-one I've contacted will touch them claiming they can't get the bits, even though the rebuild kits are on ebay.

When you get the front done, do the fork bushings too. That's the only bit that really wears & makes the front end shake when really bad.

I take it that company in Preston that you mentioned. TW suspension tech, couldn't do the job then. Shame was thinking of getting mine done, if they'd been any good.  :onya:
Mr Gee

Hooli

Quote from: Mr Gee on Tuesday, 22 September  2026, 05:49 AM
Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 21 September  2026, 08:41 PMWho did your rear shocks? I've got a pair (two pair really) I need rebuilding & no-one I've contacted will touch them claiming they can't get the bits, even though the rebuild kits are on ebay.

When you get the front done, do the fork bushings too. That's the only bit that really wears & makes the front end shake when really bad.

I take it that company in Preston that you mentioned. TW suspension tech, couldn't do the job then. Shame was thinking of getting mine done, if they'd been any good.  :onya:

They ignored every attempt at contact so I gave up.

Mr Gee

Can't figure some people, can you.

Why advertise and not even bother to answer.

Pi*^es me off.  :jack:
Mr Gee

Stevel3

Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 21 September  2026, 08:41 PMWho did your rear shocks? I've got a pair (two pair really) I need rebuilding & no-one I've contacted will touch them claiming they can't get the bits, even though the rebuild kits are on ebay.

When you get the front done, do the fork bushings too. That's the only bit that really wears & makes the front end shake when really bad.

I'm in Australia so the post would be killer. I asked the mechanic to check the headstem bearings and swingarm bearings while it was there.

Eric GSX1400K3

I've just ordered new fork oil and dust seals plus the iner and outer bushings. The ones in there are squeaking.  Rebuild is easy enough.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Irish in Oz

Put a new tyre on mine today, its handy getting an extra lift to get the rear wheel out and back in.
20260923_093952.jpg

Tony Nitrous

Checked the B-King would start, lubed and checked the chain, checked the tyre pressure etc etc. All good for a quick get away in the morning... then I checked the weather...



Will see what it's like tomorrow. Might just do a run to Blackbutt (pies!) or Cambooya (Burgers!) if it's still dry.

No interest in riding in the rain. I prefer the dry and get plenty of those days now.

My wallet and waistline would probably benefit from a day at home... LOL! 
.

Hooli

Oddballs rally this weekend, got home earlier, washed the Bloo Thing again & now cooking dinner. As usual I took a distinct lack of pics. Plus I arrived first despite being due about 2hrs after the others I was camping with, that seems to be getting a habit so I had the tent up & cider open when they arrived.
Little milestone for the Bloo Thing achieved on the way home too.



IMG_20260925_142306.jpg
IMG_20260925_184929.jpg
IMG_20260925_185728.jpg
IMG_20260925_191241.jpg
IMG_20260927_142504.jpg


Dwain Dibley

To Infirmity and Beyond.. :-)

Hooli

Quote from: Dwain Dibley on Monday, 28 September  2026, 07:42 AM50K........nearly run in then.   :coffeescreen:

D.D.

Halfway there  :lol:

I think that's 3.5k since I put it on the road, more than the HD has managed. I've hardly ridden this year, just not been feeling it.

Stevel3

Quote from: GSXKING on Monday, 21 September  2026, 09:04 PM
Quote from: Stevel3 on Monday, 21 September  2026, 07:03 PMJust picked up the bike from the shop. It had new Dunlop Roadsmart 4 tyres fitted, new Hel braided front, rear brake and clutch lines. Had the rear shocks pulled apart and had new bump stops, gas and oil replaced. Also got him to do a full service and check over. Weather permitting I'll take her out next weekend to see how she feels. Only thing i have on the list to do soon is new front springs and refurb.

It'll feel like a new bike now mate. 👍
Have you used Dunlops before ?
If you're happy with the shop give them a plug on here too 🙏🙏😎

Stevel3

Yeah mate the tyres feel very good. The shop up here is Pro Mo Motorcycles. He also does work on my Harley's when needed.

KiwiCol

Gave mine a wash and took to the headers with some Autosol.  They go a sort of golden colour but come up fine with Autosol - I reckon anyway.  Take the heat shields off, deal to the headers then the shields and reassemble. Looks like new.

20261008_183039.jpg


20261008_183129.jpg


As it happens, tomorrow is going to be a great day for a ride, or take the boat for a spin.  I'll see who wins . . .
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

GSXKING

GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

grog

Looks good Col, I seen one in full acceleration mode a while back,he was then in full deceleration mode, nearly ran up my arse.Bloody close.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk