News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

What did you buy today ???

Started by VladTepes, Friday, 22 June 2018, 03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irish in Oz

Quote from: KiwiCol on Friday, 18 September  2026, 03:15 PMDwain, my 22' Ali boat has a 270L tank, I don't fill it right to the top,(often) but will run with 200L-240L, that's gonna hurt this year when I fill up for the first time!  The wallet is puckering already just thinking about it, and the best part, it does roughly 1km to 1L. If it were a car you'd just shoot it with a shotgun and leave it, but that's what boats do for use.

Col my boat has similar size tank, uses about 5 litres an hour cruising. Used to run it on red diesel which has tax exemption in UK but they changed the rules and we now have to use white although plenty are still using red as the authorities are not policing it yet.
[/quote]


I burn roughly 25l - 30l and hour, so I use about 40L a time on average, just mucking around here down the river, across the bar and down to Cape Foulwind & back with stops for fishing etc.
[/quote]
Jeez Col you would have to be catch big tuna.

KiwiCol

I wish Jeff, mostly just catch a cold . . . :rofl2:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Eric GSX1400K3

Just a heads up fellas, seems that PerformanceCycleparts.com is a scam.

I just got done for Aud 127 once, plus two failed attempts for 140AUD each.  The transaction appeared as "Lucid Trading Bas" this morning, a few days after I tried to buy the oil temp sensors.

Luckily i only keep a small balance in the transaction account i use for bike and car parts.

I am raising the issue with my bank
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Boa

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Tuesday, 22 September  2026, 08:19 AMJust a heads up fellas, seems that PerformanceCycleparts.com is a scam.

I just got done for Aud 127 once, plus two failed attempts for 140AUD each.  The transaction appeared as "Lucid Trading Bas" this morning, a few days after I tried to buy the oil temp sensors.

Luckily i only keep a small balance in the transaction account i use for bike and car parts.

I am raising the issue with my bank

I'm always sceptical about dealing with unknown companies. Even with savings accounts, i'll usually transfer a small initial amount to start with to make sure it's kosha. Glad you were cautious.
Aka Chris Leam on the original Org.

grog

Feeling bad for you Eric as was me who found that site. My account hasn't been touched but prob will be.I should've known better when PayPal wouldn't work. Sorry Mate.

KiwiCol

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Tuesday, 22 September  2026, 08:19 AMJust a heads up fellas, seems that PerformanceCycleparts.com is a scam.

I just got done for Aud 127 once, plus two failed attempts for 140AUD each.  The transaction appeared as "Lucid Trading Bas" this morning, a few days after I tried to buy the oil temp sensors.

Luckily i only keep a small balance in the transaction account i use for bike and car parts.

I am raising the issue with my bank


Go get 'em tiger!  don't let the b#@tards away with it.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Mr Gee

Unfortunately, the age of the internet is upon us. scams are everywhere and so easy, to set up.  :furious:

We must all, ere on the side of caution when dealing with unknown sites.

Damn hard, to know who, to trust.  :jack:
Mr Gee

Hooli

That's why I always pay with a credit card, under UK law you can request a chargeback. The credit card company refund you & then chase the scammers for their money. I've even had to do it to paypal when they sided with a ebay scammer, so I no longer use paypal.

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: Hooli on Tuesday, 22 September  2026, 05:57 PMThat's why I always pay with a credit card, under UK law you can request a chargeback. The credit card company refund you & then chase the scammers for their money. I've even had to do it to paypal when they sided with a ebay scammer, so I no longer use paypal.
yes, thats here as well, will be dealing with Mastercard
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: grog on Tuesday, 22 September  2026, 11:25 AMFeeling bad for you Eric as was me who found that site. My account hasn't been touched but prob will be.I should've known better when PayPal wouldn't work. Sorry Mate.
yeah, cheers for that. I feel worse for my mate in the us that I also asked to try and buy them. He said he tried two separate credit cards, both with the same no sale result.  I've let him know this morning,  hoping he doesn't get scammed either....
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Kiwifruit

Just bought some new textile riding gear. RST Paragon 6 jacket and pants.  Think they're onto the Paragon 7 now but for $750 for both I'm happy. Had the earlier versions and been happy with how they've lasted so stayed with the same.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Mr Gee

A new TV. Last one packed up, three months after, the warranty expired.  :jack:

Jacket potato with cheese and a side salad, at Poolehall cafe.  :smitten:
Mr Gee

Kiwifruit

Jacket potatoes.... yum  :drool:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

grog

Agree jacket spuds, i have them down to fine art in air fryer, sour cream, chilli sauce, yum.

Tony Nitrous

I haven't had a jacket potato in years !

Many years ago, I had some serious financial problems after a divorce. I was determined not to lose my house. Walked to work, got a lodger, lived on the tightest budget.

At the time we had spuds by the tractor trailer load. You could hide a house behind what we shifted daily.

More of my meals than not were jacket potatoes, I'm the worlds worst cook but a jacket potato I could do.

Started off loving them, by the time I was solvent again... not so much.

.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk