News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

What did you buy today ???

Started by VladTepes, Friday, 22 June 2018, 03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooli

I know with the MPG I get, it should be hitting reserve at about 180-200miles so it's reading about 40miles left too low all the way through. I'll take a guess how far to bend it, probably 1/8" or so to start with & see what happens.

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Tuesday, 15 September  2026, 07:08 PMWebike Japan: set of fork oil and dust seals, inner and outer bronze split bushings (one is squeaking and its been 4y since last rebuild, plus they're All Balls crappy ones), 4 off brake caliper bleed nipple rubber covers and a new oil temp sensor.

Hope they have the last bit in stock...

Riding home last night, i had put fuel into it to show 4 bars, she drank half of that in a 90km round trip, so thats not normal. Everything else has been checked, tos and stps are newish tb's balanced and idle is rock solid at 1100rpm.

Fingers crossed.
bugger, oil sensor discontinued from webike japan....

On the hunt for a suitable alternative.

Screenshot_20260916_063012_Samsung Browser.jpg
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

Think they're getting to hens teeth

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Wednesday, 16 September  2026, 08:31 AM
Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Tuesday, 15 September  2026, 07:08 PMWebike Japan: set of fork oil and dust seals, inner and outer bronze split bushings (one is squeaking and its been 4y since last rebuild, plus they're All Balls crappy ones), 4 off brake caliper bleed nipple rubber covers and a new oil temp sensor.

Hope they have the last bit in stock...

Riding home last night, i had put fuel into it to show 4 bars, she drank half of that in a 90km round trip, so thats not normal. Everything else has been checked, tos and stps are newish tb's balanced and idle is rock solid at 1100rpm.

Fingers crossed.
bugger, oil sensor discontinued from webike japan....

On the hunt for a suitable alternative.

Screenshot_20260916_063012_Samsung Browser.jpg

I had a few minutes so I had a search... (as I'm sure you already have).

Stores I've used in Japan, Australia, UK, Netherlands etc all show no stock or unavailable too !  The part number doesn't come up in any searches as being used on other models either.

I'm sure there's a work around but it's beyond me. It's not a rocket science - secret squirrel part, just a fairly basic sender. I wonder what's involved to adapt a more common, readily available part ?

As any 14 owner could be in the same boat tomorrow even finding one at a wreckers yard isn't really the answer.

I'm sure one of the more technically minded guru's could come up with something.

.

Irish in Oz


Eric GSX1400K3

Cheers Grog, Tony and Irish,  I have asked the team at Webike to also have a look in their aftermarket.  They said they would get back to me.

I will check out Grog's link as well, plus the sensor that Irish suggests.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Hooli

We had this recently, I stuck up a pic with the dimensions on a 14. I'll find it and repost it again here later on.

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: Irish in Oz on Wednesday, 16 September  2026, 02:04 PMThis sensor seems pretty close.
https://www.reveltronics.com/en/shop/59/6/onboard-computers/temperature-sensor-ntc-oil-engine-water-detail
I don't know what the fitting is on the 1400.
will check the curve, agree it does look closely. Key is what ohms the bike uses to switch from default "i dont know what the oil temp is so I assume its cold" fuel map to the correct Air to Fuel ratio map, using the IAT (temp sensor in the side of the airbox) and MAP (manifold pressure, or vac line) sensors.  At 15 aud its a cheap test to do, the webike one is 104 aud
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Phill P

I looked at this recently as it was my post Hooli helpfully added the pics and dimensions.
I came to the thought process that maybe it would simpler and easier to fit a temp sensor to a different area, initially I thought about of a sandwich plate between the oil filter and block or one of the blanking bolts on either side of the engine. Turns out mine is fine, however it will need a workaround.
Thankfully we all like different things, and I like a modded GSX1400

Irish in Oz

It appears the Suzuki is 1/8 BSPT and the sensor I posted is 1/8 NPT only 1 thread per inch different and a difference in taper. Adapters are available I have used them often in instrumention in industrial applications.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Phill P on Wednesday, 16 September  2026, 07:39 PMI looked at this recently as it was my post Hooli helpfully added the pics and dimensions.
I came to the thought process that maybe it would simpler and easier to fit a temp sensor to a different area, initially I thought about of a sandwich plate between the oil filter and block or one of the blanking bolts on either side of the engine. Turns out mine is fine, however it will need a workaround.

I'm pretty sure the physical side of getting a sensor of a different shape or size in place is doable, the bit that would baffle me is the tech side of how it reads and how its sends the info in a way the 14 is happy with.
.

Hooli

Quote from: Irish in Oz on Wednesday, 16 September  2026, 07:54 PMIt appears the Suzuki is 1/8 BSPT and the sensor I posted is 1/8 NPT only 1 thread per inch different and a difference in taper. Adapters are available I have used them often in instrumention in industrial applications.

The standard sensor on a 14 isn't threaded at all, it's held in with a plate (like a small downpipe clamp) that fits to the top of the gearbox.

Hooli

Quote from: Hooli on Wednesday, 16 September  2026, 04:53 PMWe had this recently, I stuck up a pic with the dimensions on a 14. I'll find it and repost it again here later on.

As promised.

Sizes (450 x 600).jpg

Irish in Oz

If the old sensor is stuffed modify it to adapt one that will do you havn't much choice if they aren't available anymore.

Eric GSX1400K3

#3749
Thanks.  I need to test it again, but its the only thing I can think of that is causing the high fuel burn, (courtesy Hooli's experience as well)

Will pull it out and run a test by heating it slowly in water and monitor the resistance against temperature.

I can modify the mounting plate (retap the thread?) or find an adapter if needed, or something.

Hoping that webike japan comes back with an option as well
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk