News:

20 January 2026 was our 9th birthday! We're flying toward double digits.

Main Menu

Timo's K6 red and black

Started by Tim1954, Monday, 03 October 2022, 05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim1954

I liked the K4 red and black color scheme so much that I decided to have my black K6 modified. The tail piece is still black but I am already happy with the result.



GSXKING

Looks great mate. Anything is better than all Black  :stir: :stir: :stir:

I like the grabrail highlight.  :onya:

The seat looks very comfy  :hat:

I don't think I've seen those style of mufflers before either or chrome indicators.  :rolleyes:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

grog

Tim, beautiful bike. Been thinking id like my bike all black except tank, keep K7 blue/white. Personally id either black grab rail or polish, just my opinion. Lovely bike.

j_rider

Looking good. I am picturing it with blacked out fork lowers too. I like the grab rail red, though black would also be good.

Question - where did you get your seat and are you happy with it?

Tim1954

@GSXKING @grog @j_rider

When I bought the bike in Aug 2020 it was a standard K6 with 4-1 exhaust and big bazooka muffler. I installed a Black Widow 4-2 collector and G.P.R. Furore black slip-ons. Because I wanted the bike to be street legal and to avoid fuel injection remapping I inserted the db killers in the mufflers. The left footrest holder had to be replaced but I got it from Megazip together with the rubber cushion and spacer. I managed to get a cheap second hand K2 main stand and made a simple stopper for it, see

https://gsx1400owners.org/forum/index.php?topic=859.msg89840#msg89840

The seat is original but it was lowered and covered with a different material by an upholstery shop. It is very comfortable both in my and my wife's opinion. Being just 168 cm I can reach the ground well enough with my biking boots.

The chromed plastic indicators I bought cheap from Amazon in Germany. They have regular bulbs instead of LEDs but IMO they are good enough quality and very bright (better than the originals).

https://shop.gprexhaustsystems.com/exhausts/furore-nero/

VladTepes

Black and red is a great combo  :onya:
Ottomans: 'Hippity hoppity, Vienna's our property"
...and then the Winged Hussars arrived.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"
YouTube:  LandyVlad Rides

froudy

Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

Rynglieder

Nice, it looks like it was meant to be - unique and personal to you without looking over-customised.

I love a twin pipe set up, I wish I could do one easily for my GTR.

Tim1954

I had the photo of the bike in my first post of this thread but when I edited the picture it's name was changed and it disappeared from the post. Here is the new version of the photo:


Tim1954

I painted the tail piece using rattle cans. IMO it looks much better now.


VladTepes

That appears to be an incredibly good result from rattle cans :)
Ottomans: 'Hippity hoppity, Vienna's our property"
...and then the Winged Hussars arrived.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"
YouTube:  LandyVlad Rides

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Tim1954 on Wednesday, 07 December  2022, 07:31 PM
I painted the tail piece using rattle cans. IMO it looks much better now.



Yeah, have some of them in my shed too....  ;)

.

grog

Not much of a red person, except Ducati and Ferrari, looks good Tim. As for Redback spiders, took me 3 weeks to get over being bitten by one. Where i live have never seen one, 20ks away where i used to work, just hundreds. Ive always been amazed more people dont get bitten, they love hot, cars, garage doors, garden furniture, a mystery to me.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: grog on Thursday, 08 December  2022, 06:40 PM
Not much of a red person, except Ducati and Ferrari, looks good Tim. As for Redback spiders, took me 3 weeks to get over being bitten by one. Where i live have never seen one, 20ks away where i used to work, just hundreds. Ive always been amazed more people dont get bitten, they love hot, cars, garage doors, garden furniture, a mystery to me.

I normally leave the wildlife alone here. Quite normal to see Eastern Browns, Black snakes, scorpions etc, if Id had a few Red Backs I'd let them be, but my shed was absolutely alive with them, just looking at the back of a garage door there'd be 20 or more, heaps... everywhere!   I got a gallon of spray and went through the whole shed. Not keen on so much chemicals as I have a lot of other stuff around, but there were so many I wasn't comfortable with them, (and I'm used to jumping into manhole were you'd bet on finding one) 
.

BooN

Quote from: Tim1954 on Monday, 17 October  2022, 12:03 AM
I had the photo of the bike in my first post of this thread but when I edited the picture it's name was changed and it disappeared from the post. Here is the new version of the photo:


what a splendid looking machine!  :cheers:
Consistent Deliverer of Respect

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk