News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Second bike ?

Started by Eric GSX1400K3, Monday, 15 November 2021, 07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladTepes

Buy a Moto Guzzi California 1400 Touring.

because its a great touring bike AND its a 1400 so ....  enuff said!

and it's gorgeous.

Ottomans: 'Hippity hoppity, Vienna's our property"
...and then the Winged Hussars arrived.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"
YouTube:  LandyVlad Rides

Eric GSX1400K3

Yeah Nah, Vlad, they don't do much for me.

Looking at Beemers now, K or R series.  Got turned off the Trumpy because of the lack of leg room, still nice bikes though.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

GSXKING

Quote from: VladTepes on Wednesday, 17 November  2021, 11:01 AM
Buy a Moto Guzzi California 1400 Touring.

because its a great touring bike AND its a 1400 so ....  enuff said!

and it's gorgeous.



Beauty is in the eye of the beholder @VladTepes 🤣
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

DP1400

Frankly, its bloody awful.... :whistling:

Hooli

It's like a HD after a week at the Blue Oyster club.

VladTepes

Well the Custom looks better

I rode one and frankly it's a bloody great bike to ride, and unlike Harleys it goes round corners.

Ottomans: 'Hippity hoppity, Vienna's our property"
...and then the Winged Hussars arrived.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"
YouTube:  LandyVlad Rides

Eric GSX1400K3

#21
Well, at risk of being cast out and exiled from this well regarded establishment, I'm leaning very strongly to a 2009 BMW K1300GT SE.  Found one hiding in a seaside village south of me, the current owner poor bugger has rheumatoid arthritis and can't ride no more, but loves his K1300, I offered him very close to what he was asking for, will go and have a look this Sunday.

Shaft drive 160HP efi 4 cyl, heated seats and a touring monster. The wife is keen as it has full panniers including back rest and heated seats.

https://amcn.com.au/editorial/second-hand-bmw-k1300gt-2009-11/
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Irish in Oz

They look similar to the FJR.

Hooli

Bit more sporty position than a FJR I think?

There has to be a reason so many old people ride BMWs & it's probably comfort as well as being able to afford them.

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: Irish in Oz on Monday, 22 November  2021, 07:55 PM
They look similar to the FJR.
With one eye closed in the dark after 4 pints maybe....
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

VladTepes

I actually do like those 1300s quite a lot.
What colour?  There's a blue/white one parks near where I do in the city and it looks great. The silver one in that link, not so much...
Ottomans: 'Hippity hoppity, Vienna's our property"
...and then the Winged Hussars arrived.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"
YouTube:  LandyVlad Rides

Eric GSX1400K3

Colour is Manganese, like a petrol colour.  Looks great IMHO.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

Not a BMW person at all, but those things sure move along. I actually like the less faired version, maybe 1300S? Watch your licence points.

Hooli

Points mean prizes!

One thing I like about the Sprint is the lack of silly power, I can occasionally nail it without instantly being in ban territory. Decent handling means you're as quick point to point anyway.

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: grog on Tuesday, 23 November  2021, 07:36 PM
Not a BMW person at all, but those things sure move along. I actually like the less faired version, maybe 1300S? Watch your licence points.

Agreed, read a review that this thing gets to double the national highway limit in around 12-15 seconds and still pulling. Built for German  autobahns
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk