News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

New bike / Next bike. Poor options.

Started by Tony Nitrous, Sunday, 22 October 2017, 07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynglieder

Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Wednesday, 08 November  2017, 04:15 AM
Maybe not for me, but interesting .......

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/2018-kawasaki-ninja-h2-sx-se/

By coincidence I have just been looking at a discussion on this on the GTR forum.

I begged the question that this surely devalues the H2 brand that that Kawasaki were attaching to a hyper-bike.

Nevertheless, a 200mph bike with panniers opens up the possibility of a night out in Rome after you have finished work at 17:00 in the UK (assuming nothing gets in your way). An interesting thought......

Justforkiks

Great topic. Right up my ally.

After 5 years of owners ship I am thinking about a new/other bike. Had a ZZR 1400 for a year and a half together with a GSX but cramped legs and sore knees decided that it had to go. Still miss that engine tough :frustrated:
Big SUV/ Enduro type bikes are not my type. I was eyeing a GTR but it got plugged for 2018. Had high hopes for a supercharged ''sport-tourer'' but that is just a H2 with a remapped engine and higher bars. A shame really. GTR would be so sweet with that supercharger. :smitten:

Gen 3 Busa maybe :whatever:. Rumour has it will be turbocharged :whistling:
FJr cant't get past the looks.
BMW errr maybe but all I read is recall, recall, recall.. :facepalm:

:whatever:
Bad decisions make the best stories

Irish in Oz


Tony Nitrous

.

Irish in Oz

Hope your handbrake is like that one.
Professional riders under controlled conditions.
Where do you use it !

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Speedy1959

Quote from: KiwiCol on Thursday, 09 November  2017, 01:45 AM
Won't be Norway that's for sure!

Germany / Bavaria..
Apparently Garmisch is a Bavarian Ski resort..
The signs that flash up briefly show Garmisch 95k

Irish in Oz


Tony Nitrous

.

Mick_J

Not usually a fan of Kawasaki, but that is nice  :onya:
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Tony Nitrous

.

ARH

Mmmmm that does look nice... back end looks 'empty' tho??

VladTepes


I just saw the above video - at the end it says, along with other things, "Never attempt any action which is potentially dangerous."


Cotton wool time I guess...
Ottomans: 'Hippity hoppity, Vienna's our property"
...and then the Winged Hussars arrived.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"
YouTube:  LandyVlad Rides

Tony Nitrous

I'm still looking at bikes but not desperate.
I've been piling on the overtime and saving a bit away so if I part-ex or sold a bike or 2 most new stuff is within reach. Not really keen to part with anything so unless I see the right bike I'll keep saving.

Current list of possible suspects are.....

# Gen-2 Busa (see if there are run-outs when the new model arrives.
# Gen-3 Busa depending on specs and price.
# H2 Kwak.
# H2-SX Kwak.
# ZX14R

I did play with the idea of an odd-ball big bike like the Rocket-111, naked 1800 Goldwing or V-Max but I'm not sure they are for me and can see myself regretting it soon into ownership.

Idea number 427b was to buy something a bit older / cheaper like another late 1400 or a Bland-it 1250 to leave stock and spend any extra on a cheap used Gen-2 Busa or my current B-King to have unregistered and use as a more serious drag bike, something I've fancied or a while.

Current bikes are OK for now so I may keep saving and see what turns up.

I haven't had a new toy in a while, but as mentioned before, the "choices and prices" don't excite me like in the days of Bandit 12's and GSX14's.



.

VladTepes

Quote# Gen-3 Busa depending on specs and price.

Yes it will be interesting to see that!  I won't be able to afford one, but hopefully THIS happens:

Quote# Gen-2 Busa (see if there are run-outs when the new model arrives.

Ottomans: 'Hippity hoppity, Vienna's our property"
...and then the Winged Hussars arrived.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"
YouTube:  LandyVlad Rides

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk