News:

20 January 2026 was our 9th birthday! We're flying toward double digits.

Main Menu

Thanks for the add

Started by Ade, Friday, 02 October 2026, 04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ade

Thanks for the add. I have a project 1400. Will be looking for advice as I go.

Mr Gee

great introduction, feel like I know you already.  :stir:  :whistling:
Mr Gee

Stepdoug

Quote from: Mr Gee on Friday, 02 October  2026, 06:40 AMgreat introduction, feel like I know you already.  :stir:  :whistling:
Fast worker  :boogie:

KiwiCol

Gidday Ade, welcome to the forum. Project eh?  Any pic's of said project?  We like pic's and we like to help!  :onya:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Blubber

Hi and Welcome.

I assume this is the project you are talking about ?

454354567_10232251135923205_2111761657211332884_n.jpg.4c73cd372673b74f0c01623aec32a36f.jpg
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

Hooli


Eric GSX1400K3

I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Hooli

I think I like it, the tucked away exhaust points to a well detailed build.

Ade

Quote from: Blubber on Friday, 02 October  2026, 02:07 PMHi and Welcome.

I assume this is the project you are talking about ?

454354567_10232251135923205_2111761657211332884_n.jpg.4c73cd372673b74f0c01623aec32a36f.jpg
That's her, not looking like that though.

VladTepes

Ottomans: 'Hippity hoppity, Vienna's our property"
...and then the Winged Hussars arrived.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"
YouTube:  LandyVlad Rides

Ade

Quote from: Mr Gee on Friday, 02 October  2026, 06:40 AMgreat introduction, feel like I know you already.  :stir:  :whistling:
Apologies, I did the intro on my phone and can't get as much done on that.
I'm Ade, I own my own custom bike shop in Dorset.
I sell custom parts all round the world.
The GSX came to me for some work to finish it, I liked it so ended up buying it from my mate Jimm.

Ade


Ade

I have SRAD wheels just back from powdercoat to replace to odd set in it.
I have Aprilia RSV1000 radial brake upside down forks and Brembo brake calipers, with matching rear caliper.
I got a spare Bandit 1250 bottom yoke just so I could take the stem out to modify it to fit the Aprilia bottom yoke.
The RSV forks are 20mm shorter than the Bandit 1250 forks so I was looking to make a stepped top yoke but I found one in Italy that is 15mm stepped and cheaper than I could make one, if I charged myself, or a customer.
I have a King Sportster tank to fit with a DHM aero filler cap fitted.
I have a Lextek single skin 40mm tube header set. I looked at Black Widow headers and Lextek ones. The Lextek won because they came with the two link pipes and have a lifetime guarantee.
It came with an alloy plenum style airbox but it only had one 2" spout for a single pod/cone air filter.
I got a Ramair baseplate filter for twin Weber carbs and made a 3mm thick baseplate to fit the standard airbox rubbers.
Just been researching external fuel pumps, filters and regulators. It had a fuel pump fitted and I have video of it running. It came with a Bosch 044 style pump and a small regulator as well but the 044 pump is not marked, I don't know if it's a 300 lph one, or a 380 lph one, either way it is too much for a standard motor.

GSXKING

I've ridden one rigid bike in my life and to say it wasn't pleasant would be an understatement 😳.
I can't imagine what a kick in the nuts the first bump will be when you open the throttle on that 1400 motor 😭😭😭
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Ade

Quote from: GSXKING on Monday, 05 October  2026, 09:59 AMI've ridden one rigid bike in my life and to say it wasn't pleasant would be an understatement 😳.
I can't imagine what a kick in the nuts the first bump will be when you open the throttle on that 1400 motor 😭😭😭
You haven't seen the seat I have made yet. It's just 4mm thick ally plate with 20mm race seat foam on. Not worried about comfort.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk