News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Where did you ride today?

Started by VladTepes, Friday, 10 February 2017, 01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 28 September  2026, 02:28 PMDirt bikes do look such fun.

I had a heap as a youngster, TS, DR, KDX etc, but I thought those days were behind me.  I wouldn't have bought it if I still lived in the city but partly having dirt roads and tracks at the end of my street, and party clutching at straws in denial that I'm getting old... it suits me at the moment.  It's not the dumbest purchase I've made.
.

grog

Great purchase i reckon. Go for it, life can quickly change, ask me how i know. A year back, golf, bike, many ideas. Today, all changed. Do it while you can. 

lurch

Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 28 September  2026, 02:28 PMDirt bikes do look such fun.
They are until you break your neck, back, wrist and shoulder in one off. Please don't ask me how I know  :rolleyes:

That said, I'll be back on the dirt in a couple of weeks on the mighty DR650. Wish me luck...

Mr Gee

So, first proper ride today, after two weeks off with my ankle.  :clapping:

Stourport, Bromyard, Ledbury, stop at Malvern Hills for tea.  :onya:

Back through Worcester, Pershore, Evesham, Droitwich.  :onya:

Racetorq support doing an excellent job. Quick, crisp, precise changes, every time now. No more false neutrals.  :clapping:

:worshippy:

Tad expensive for what it is but it works, so worth it, I suppose.  :salute:  :smitten:
Mr Gee

GSXKING

Is it like a quick shifter ? 🤔
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

grog

It's just a support for the gear shift shaft.Stops any lateral movement.

Eric GSX1400K3

Interesting,  had a look at the 1402 shift lever, it does stick out of the engine casing a fair distance, wonder if racetorq have something that would fit our bikes.  Not that ive ever had a false neutral...
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

Not needed Eric, it's only for those poorly designed bikes 😂

Mr Gee

As Grog says, it is just, a support for the gear shaft.  :onya:

Never needed it, on the 14. Never had any issues with false neutrals.  :clapping:

Like how the Yam rides but they do suffer with poor build quality and this is just, one aspect of that.

The XSR900 has always, had more neutrals than gears but not anymore.  :smitten:

£55 but worth every penny.  :salute:
Mr Gee

Hooli

Sounds like something my Snotbox would benefit from as every Honda I've ever had combines 57 neutrals & 6 gears into every box.

grog

New topic required, gear shifting opinions on motorcycles.

MickyJB

Quote from: grog on Tuesday, 29 September  2026, 07:32 PMNew topic required, gear shifting opinions on motorcycles.

Done  :boogie:  :boogie:
Mick
08 SE GSX1400 - 03 XJR1300 - 02 ZZR1200 - 2019 FJR1300
Ulysses 69619

KiwiCol

Finally got a sunny day, went for a run down the coast to Punakaiki, coffee & cake & back.


Punakaiki Route.png


Punikaiki Cake.jpg

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Mr Gee

The healthy option, I see.  :happy1:  :rofl2:  :lol:
Mr Gee

Pommeroy

Pancake Rocks cafe? Probably too early in the season to be snided out with campervans, so I imagine it was fun.
There's always room in the world for a bit more tolerance and kindness.

Rob

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk