Oil Temperature sensor

Started by RipleyRich, Friday, 18 September 2026, 04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Phill P on Friday, 18 September  2026, 07:52 PMMy take is fit a sensor elsewhere like the oil gallery block offs either side of the engine, haven't a clue if it would work but the threads are correct, or fit a resistor in the line to the temp sensor with effectively a cold start switch.

:cheers:

Similar thoughts here. 

I'd bee looking for the right type of reader, what that works in the correct range and sends a signal the 14 understands and is happy with.

How and where it's fitted is an issue I'd expect to be simpler.

If someone fold a readily available sensor that was common to something popular I'm sure a small batch of adapters would be possible to produce. An adapter would be a once only purchase.
.

Irish in Oz

Did any of yous read my post ffs.

Eric GSX1400K3

Yes Irish, I reckon the one you found is good, the NTC curve seems right. 
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Hooli

If someone figures this out I'll have a couple despite the cost of post to the UK.

Barbastro K6

interesting to study technical characteristics (see workshop manual) and placement in the other SACS

Pommeroy

Quote from: Irish in Oz on Wednesday, 23 September  2026, 05:49 PMDid any of yous read my post ffs.

Sure did...exciting possibility that you can do what Suzuki seems to have given up on.
I can offer nothing technical, but if a few $$ can help, perhaps we on here can chip in?
There's always room in the world for a bit more tolerance and kindness.

Rob

Phill P

Quite a few threads running on this subject, maybe they should all be pooled into one
Thankfully we all like different things, and I like a modded GSX1400

Stepdoug

Quote from: Hooli on Wednesday, 23 September  2026, 10:51 PMIf someone figures this out I'll have a couple despite the cost of post to the UK.
Yup will have on for two myself. Just to put in the cave  as I now have another 1400  uk also maybe if it happens post to on uk address and resend from them, if it all come off

Eric GSX1400K3

Took my sensor out and set up the start of my test bench.  Initial readings suggest it may be ok, however I did expect a higher resistance at lower temps.

One thing I did notice is the tip of the sensor is wet with oil, need to check how deep the recess is that it goes into, this may allow other longer thermowells to fit, as long as they have the same Ohm to Deg C relationship.

Photo shows the sensor,  my multimeter and a Fluke temp detector. T1 is the sensor,  I zip tied the tip of the probe to the sensor and T2 is ambient. 

I measured about 54kOhm at 19deg, I understand it should be 61.3 kOhm at 20 deg C.

Took a few other readings whilst warming the sensor in my hand, but the plan is put it in il or water and slowly heat, recording at the temperatures listed in the manual to check.


I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Eric GSX1400K3

I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

KiwiCol

I use the exact same Digitech meter Eric. On to my 3rd one now.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

GSXKING

Irish and I discussed this at length, does anyone know the manufacturer. We're both quite certain Suzuki never made this sensor. They would have just ordered it in then utilised it through until the last bike rolled of the production line.
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

grog

YUMBO Japan say they have 13650-42F00 in stock. I've ordered/ paid $92. Will wait n see what happens 🤷🏼

Eric GSX1400K3

Not a bad price mate, (assuming they're legit) understandably im a bit gunshy now. Still waiting to hear back from mastercard from the recent transaction debacle.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Hooli

Quote from: grog on Thursday, 24 September  2026, 05:32 PMYUMBO Japan say they have 13650-42F00 in stock. I've ordered/ paid $92. Will wait n see what happens 🤷🏼

Not heard of that one, hope it turns out legit.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk