News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

Where did you ride today?

Started by VladTepes, Friday, 10 February 2017, 01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSXKING

Went to Toowoomba today for brunch at Cafe Valletta and met up with @Lurch.
It was a great catch up and to say I'm in awe of his GSX would be an understatement. It looks more impressive and "CLEAN" in the flesh so to speak.  :cheers:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

lurch

It was great to meet you all Chris.

I managed 170km today around other commitments and squeezed in a service this afternoon. Still lacking a bit of confidence on the road after last years broken back ordeal I must admit - only one way to fix that I guess.

Bath day tomorrow!

Mr Gee

Quote from: Mr Gee on Friday, 11 September  2026, 09:43 PMFate, it would appear, is doing it's best, to keep me off the road.

Sorted out the bike and now, I've gone and twisted my ankle.

Struggling to walk, at the moment.  :whatever:


Turned out to be more, than I had thought.  :thumbs_down:

Got worse, so ended up going to hospital. X-rays, examination, then lot's of drugs.  :clapping:

A touch of Gout, Onset of Arthritis, a Sprain and an infected bite, all at the same time. Like a perfect storm.  :worshippy:

Damn but this getting old lark, is fun.  :happy1:  :rofl2:  :lol:

Well, better than the alternative, I suppose.  :onya:
Mr Gee

Eric GSX1400K3

I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Boa

Quote from: Mr Gee on Tuesday, 22 September  2026, 05:58 AM
Quote from: Mr Gee on Friday, 11 September  2026, 09:43 PMFate, it would appear, is doing it's best, to keep me off the road.

Sorted out the bike and now, I've gone and twisted my ankle.

Struggling to walk, at the moment.  :whatever:


Turned out to be more, than I had thought.  :thumbs_down:

Got worse, so ended up going to hospital. X-rays, examination, then lot's of drugs.  :clapping:

A touch of Gout, Onset of Arthritis, a Sprain and an infected bite, all at the same time. Like a perfect storm.  :worshippy:

Damn but this getting old lark, is fun.  :happy1:  :rofl2:  :lol:

Well, better than the alternative, I suppose.  :onya:

Get well soon Mr Gee.

Maybe we'll hook up for a ride some time. I occasionally meet @Rynglieder, but we haven't met up recently.  We last met in April and went to the Piston Club, between Stratford and Alcester.
Aka Chris Leam on the original Org.

KiwiCol

Mr Gee, you're falling to bits man!! get yer self together. Remember, you have to do preventative maintenance else the old chassis will fall apart.  Sounds like you need a good infusion of your favourite tipple and a couple of daze with yer feet up. maintenance, gotta do it.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Mr Gee

Quote from: Boa on Tuesday, 22 September  2026, 08:45 AM
Quote from: Mr Gee on Tuesday, 22 September  2026, 05:58 AM
Quote from: Mr Gee on Friday, 11 September  2026, 09:43 PMFate, it would appear, is doing it's best, to keep me off the road.

Sorted out the bike and now, I've gone and twisted my ankle.

Struggling to walk, at the moment.  :whatever:


Turned out to be more, than I had thought.  :thumbs_down:

Got worse, so ended up going to hospital. X-rays, examination, then lot's of drugs.  :clapping:

A touch of Gout, Onset of Arthritis, a Sprain and an infected bite, all at the same time. Like a perfect storm.  :worshippy:

Damn but this getting old lark, is fun.  :happy1:  :rofl2:  :lol:

Well, better than the alternative, I suppose.  :onya:

Get well soon Mr Gee.

Maybe we'll hook up for a ride some time. I occasionally meet @Rynglieder, but we haven't met up recently.  We last met in April and went to the Piston Club, between Stratford and Alcester.

Yes, my path and the Rynglieder often seem to cross.

Although, to the best of my knowledge, we have never, been in the same place,
at the same time time.  :onya:
Mr Gee

KiwiCol

Well, the sun peeked out for an hour or so today, so took the bike for a 1 hour trip through the Lower Buller Gorge.  I've been playing around and think I can link a 1 minute video using OneDrive.  If it opens, it's only 1 min long and a section known as Hawkes Crag where the road is hewn out of rock with a bit of a roof overhang. Buller river on the left.  Some nice roads and corners through the gorge.

https://1drv.ms/v/c/346b3a1e227e60de/IQACUPW8iwMQTIMCnOtlJViXARY6Gr0qXBPLnyvJ8gmCF9U?e=bfRhfG
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Tony Nitrous

Mon,



Tue,



Wed,



Bush fires today meant a couple of roads closed, and a detour. Heaps of traffic on a dirt road that hasn't seen rain or been graded in a while was very dusty and entertaining.  I'm not sure some of the nicer cars and the folk with caravans were planning on a very dusty corrugated dirt backroad, they looked a bit stressed ! 

I had another ride planned for tomorrow but there's a chance we might actually see some rain... fingers crossed for the rain.

Best news this week is Yes I'm going back to Phuket / Thailand early next year and Vietnam later, and no I don't have to pay. Might have a bit of cash coming my way for tyres, rego, fuel etc too.  I love my wife! 
.

Tony Nitrous

Managed to get a quick 196K's (122 miles) in this morning.
Found a coffee shop S/W of me I'm using for a change.
Needed to be home before mid day.



I'm enjoying getting more rides in, getting more seat time etc, but I'm trying hard not to think about my fuel bill. I've filled up 4 or 5 vehicles this week so far.

.

Mr Gee

Took the XSR out, to try out the ankle yesterday, as it eased slightly with the drugs kicking in.  :onya:

First ride since changing the battery and fitting the racetorq gear shift support.

Ankle not, ready as yet.  :thumbs_down:  Had great difficulty, changing gear, so didn't go far. Just Poolehall Cafe and home

However, first impression is that the racetorq has made a positive improvement.  :boogie2:

Try again, in another couple of days.

Met and had a chat with a guy called Steve on a K3.  :clapping:
Mr Gee

Pommeroy

Take it steady with the ankle rehab...a bit of patience now will pay dividends down the line.
Good to hear you're liking the gear shift thingy.
There's always room in the world for a bit more tolerance and kindness.

Rob

Tony Nitrous

I don't normally ride weekends now, but a quick 244K's (152 miles) this morning was quite enjoyable, mostly fun country roads, warm, dry, less traffic than I expected, and a bit closer to my ride goals this year. 




.

Tony Nitrous

Wasn't planning on riding Monday morning, but my Monday got moved to Tuesday, so a quick 159K (99 miles) round trip down the hill to get some breakfast was in order.
No huge distances but 6th ride in 8 days makes me happy.









I'm genuinely surprised how much fun a gutless little 400 with a 25 year old design is!  Also glad I bought it now, I recon my days of pretending im a dirt bike rider are pretty limited. 


.

Hooli

Dirt bikes do look such fun.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk