News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

Rough running, low revs

Started by Phill P, Saturday, 22 August 2026, 10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phill P

#60
Clutch switch changed a couple of weeks ago, no difference noticed at tickover etc. Teabag filter and high pressure filter done today and made up new vac lines and tea pieces.
Not taken it out yet but it does hold 2500 rpm much better than before, some muck on the teabag filter. Will let you know how it runs  :cheers:
Thankfully we all like different things, and I like a modded GSX1400

Eric GSX1400K3

That should make some difference.  Did you back flush the hp filter?
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Phill P

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Sunday, 13 September  2026, 10:37 PMThat should make some difference.  Did you back flush the hp filter?

It's a new one  :cheers:

When I drained the tank I thought I'd got all of the fuel out. Luckily it was just far enough below the fuel pump not to come out, but for what I could see the tank is really clean on the inside. I May get some fuel injector cleaner for when I fill up next week.
Thankfully we all like different things, and I like a modded GSX1400

Phill P

Soooo just went out and filled up with Tescos finest 99, on the way I cracked the throttle open in 1st gear....cough and off she went, same in 2nd gear, bugger what have I fudged up. Filled up and accidentally started the bike without pulling the clutch in (blame kawasaki for that), drove deliberately cracking the throttle open, yup ran like a bag a spanners. Got home and removed the brand new clutch switch and fitted the original, ran sweet as a nut. JMP clutch switch if your interested.
Thankfully we all like different things, and I like a modded GSX1400

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk