News:

20 January 2026 was our 9th birthday! We're flying toward double digits.

Main Menu

New member

Started by macca, Friday, 28 August 2026, 12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macca

Hi All, new member here, been riding over 40years and grew up with the big muscle bikes of the day, just picked up a nice 08 registered gsx 14 with 14k on the clock, power commander, stage one yoshi cams and its a hoot to ride.I have just retired and looking forward to trips from manchester to scottish highlands on the bike.I also  have a KTM 1290 adventure but it doesnt make me smile as much as the 14 does. 

Hooli

Ayup Macca, apparently they are great fun with Yoshi cams. I've never tried one myself, but I did ride with one & it vanished up the road rather well in front of me. 14k isn't even run in for one of these either, so you've got a bike for life there.
I'm overdue a Scottish trip myself, there is some fantastic riding up there isn't there?

macca

Hi Hooli, yes fantastic roads and scenery up there, i have freinds and family there and now i am retired i am selling up and moving there. getting off the ktm 1290 and on to the 14 thought would be a little bit tamer but not at all, i am well impressed with it and if we ever cross paths you are welcome to take it for a blast.

Mr Gee

Welcome to the fold Macca. You are going to love it.  :smitten:

 :welcome1:
Mr Gee

Dwain Dibley

Greetings from the West Midlands.

We like pics........ :popcorn:  :popcorn:

D.D.
To Infirmity and Beyond.. :-)

Pommeroy

Welcome Macca, you should have some fun on the old girl. Plenty of knowledgeable (geeky almost) gits on here...sadly, I'm not one of them.
There's always room in the world for a bit more tolerance and kindness.

Rob

KiwiCol

Gidday Macca, welcome to the forum mate. Feel free to put some pic's of said ST1 laden beast, we like pics . . .   :onya:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Blubber

Welcome from the Netherlands. :cheers:
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

grog

Welcome Mate👍

Eric GSX1400K3

Welcome mate, straight to the top of the tree, '08 model, yoshi st1, pc. Wow.

Enjoy.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Kiwifruit

Welcome Macca  :cheers:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Mick_J

Welcome to the forum Macca.  :onya:
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

GSXKING

G'day Macca and welcome to the nuthouse.

So many questions. Pictures would be appreciated by the vouyers here.

I'm intrigued to know if you bought it modified ? Was it someone from this group etc.etc.?
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

macca

Hi gsxking, Thanks for the welcome, i bought the bike as it is from a guy called dean who lives about 45miles from me and he was the 6th owner and he bought it from a bike shop, the bike came with receipts and dyno chart for the work done. having a had 6 owners it may well have been previously owned by someone in this group. As for photos i would not know where to start sending photos i will have to wait till my bro calls round.

GSXKING

Mines a one owner purchased October 2001.

Picked up on a Wednesday booked first service 1000kms the next Monday. Then Wednesday rode to Phillip Island from Brisbane for MotoGP and back.
That year I did 25,000kms I was on sabbatical best run in ever. 180,000+kms now stock standard motor. 👍  :cheers:  :cheers:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk