News:

20 January 2026 was our 9th birthday! We're flying toward double digits.

Main Menu

Tank pad

Started by Stevel3, Thursday, 27 August 2026, 10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevel3

Im looking at putting a tank pad on my black tank. I want some very subtle, maybe a clear one. Anyone with one fitted to a black bike could you put up a photo and where you got,
Thanks Steve.

GSXKING

Get a blue and white tank protector and you'll find the bike will speed up  :rolleyes:  :stir:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Stevel3

Quote from: GSXKING on Thursday, 27 August  2026, 11:11 AMGet a blue and white tank protector and you'll find the bike will speed up  :rolleyes:  :stir:
:rofl2:

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: GSXKING on Thursday, 27 August  2026, 11:11 AMGet a blue and white tank protector and you'll find the bike will speed up  :rolleyes:  :stir:
beat me to it Chris, was going to say a black one doesn't need a protector as it cant go fast enough to get any damage, perhaps training wheels in case it falls over in the garage?
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Irish in Oz

Black on black but it hasn't slowed it down.20260827_143325.jpg

Stevel3

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Thursday, 27 August  2026, 12:44 PM
Quote from: GSXKING on Thursday, 27 August  2026, 11:11 AMGet a blue and white tank protector and you'll find the bike will speed up  :rolleyes:  :stir:
beat me to it Chris, was going to say a black one doesn't need a protector as it cant go fast enough to get any damage, perhaps training wheels in case it falls over in the garage?
I think it might be that the black scares some which is why they need to settle for a blue one
 :rofl2:

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: Stevel3 on Thursday, 27 August  2026, 04:48 PM
Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Thursday, 27 August  2026, 12:44 PM
Quote from: GSXKING on Thursday, 27 August  2026, 11:11 AMGet a blue and white tank protector and you'll find the bike will speed up  :rolleyes:  :stir:
beat me to it Chris, was going to say a black one doesn't need a protector as it cant go fast enough to get any damage, perhaps training wheels in case it falls over in the garage?
I think it might be that the black scares some which is why they need to settle for a blue one
 :rofl2:
yeah, need a fast bike to get away, so a B/W 1402 is THE obvious choice...
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Stevel3

Thinking about either of these.

Stevel3

Quote from: Irish in Oz on Thursday, 27 August  2026, 02:38 PMBlack on black but it hasn't slowed it down.20260827_143325.jpg
Great for protection but i like to see my shiny black paint. 😊

Irish in Oz

Steve I have one under there but haven't seen it for at least 10 years I'll take it off tomorrow and post a pic.

GSXKING

Quote from: Stevel3 on Thursday, 27 August  2026, 04:57 PM
Quote from: Irish in Oz on Thursday, 27 August  2026, 02:38 PMBlack on black but it hasn't slowed it down.20260827_143325.jpg
Great for protection but i like to see my shiny black paint. 😊

Black Bike Matter  :stir:  :stir:  :stir:  but who cares  :frustrated:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Hooli

Quote from: Irish in Oz on Thursday, 27 August  2026, 02:38 PMBlack on black but it hasn't slowed it down.20260827_143325.jpg

I've got one of them but don't want to slow the Bloo Thing down  :lol:

Irish in Oz


Jeykey

Quote from: Irish in Oz on Friday, 28 August  2026, 02:14 PM20260828_141003.jpg
I´ve got this same one but after 10 years it´s becoming scratched and even the tank where there´s no protector is a wee bit scratched. I think I´ll replace it with 3M Polyurethane Protective Tape 8681HS, aka helicopter tape, with the above design, maybe slightly larger. They don´t yellow, resist time. Only now I´ve installed some on the front of the fork stanchions; pretty disguised, barely noticeable.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk