News:

20 January 2026 was our 9th birthday! We're flying toward double digits.

Main Menu

Where did you ride today?

Started by VladTepes, Friday, 10 February 2017, 01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiCol

A good fit on the Tiger Notty, back is straight, legs and knees at a good angle not cramped up, arms with a slight bend at the elbows and looking at the screen, when you get a bit of speed up the wind blast should go right over the top of your helmet.  Yep, you 'fit' that bike for sure.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Mr Gee

Quote from: Notty on Wednesday, 26 August  2026, 07:24 PMAlways ride out on a Sunday morning with a few mates - road through the Brecon Beacons which we usually avoid, lovely landscape but full of nutters on sport bikes, on the wrong side of the road on blind bends in matching leathers. So busy are these roads that photographers sit at the side of the roads and pillocks purchase a photo
tiger beacons.jpg
here is me on my Tiger

Where did you, get that picture Notty?   :happy1:  :rofl2:  :lol:
Mr Gee

Mr Gee

Should have done this, the other day really, as they are so close together but any, excuse to ride through the valleys.  :smitten:

Castle Coch.

Tiny, as far as castles go. About 5oish feet across the inner courtyard, at a guess. But it wasn't, of military significance. It was mainly residential, hence the fairytalesk design.
Mr Gee

Mr Gee

That's yer lot.  :onya:
Mr Gee

Notty

Quote from: Mr Gee on Thursday, 27 August  2026, 05:24 AM
Quote from: Notty on Wednesday, 26 August  2026, 07:24 PMAlways ride out on a Sunday morning with a few mates - road through the Brecon Beacons which we usually avoid, lovely landscape but full of nutters on sport bikes, on the wrong side of the road on blind bends in matching leathers. So busy are these roads that photographers sit at the side of the roads and pillocks purchase a photo

here is me on my Tiger

Where did you, get that picture Notty?   :happy1:  :rofl2:  :lol:
A470
Quote from: Mr Gee on Thursday, 27 August  2026, 05:24 AM
Quote from: Notty on Wednesday, 26 August  2026, 07:24 PMAlways ride out on a Sunday morning with a few mates - road through the Brecon Beacons which we usually avoid, lovely landscape but full of nutters on sport bikes, on the wrong side of the road on blind bends in matching leathers. So busy are these roads that photographers sit at the side of the roads and pillocks purchase a photo
tiger beacons.jpg
here is me on my Tiger

Where did you, get that picture Notty?   :happy1:  :rofl2:  :lol:
A470 at Terry cafe, near storey arms. :) they are all over the area taking snaps - at least it wasn't a police camera van ! not that I speed of course. Never had a picture of me on the 14 because it would have just been a blur as my B\W sped past  :rofl2:
https://motorphoto.pixieset.com/a470terrysburgervancornersunday23rdaugust2026/
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Mr Gee

Quote from: Notty on Thursday, 27 August  2026, 06:25 AM
Quote from: Mr Gee on Thursday, 27 August  2026, 05:24 AM
Quote from: Notty on Wednesday, 26 August  2026, 07:24 PMAlways ride out on a Sunday morning with a few mates - road through the Brecon Beacons which we usually avoid, lovely landscape but full of nutters on sport bikes, on the wrong side of the road on blind bends in matching leathers. So busy are these roads that photographers sit at the side of the roads and pillocks purchase a photo

here is me on my Tiger

Where did you, get that picture Notty?   :happy1:  :rofl2:  :lol:
A470
Quote from: Mr Gee on Thursday, 27 August  2026, 05:24 AM
Quote from: Notty on Wednesday, 26 August  2026, 07:24 PMAlways ride out on a Sunday morning with a few mates - road through the Brecon Beacons which we usually avoid, lovely landscape but full of nutters on sport bikes, on the wrong side of the road on blind bends in matching leathers. So busy are these roads that photographers sit at the side of the roads and pillocks purchase a photo
tiger beacons.jpg
here is me on my Tiger

Where did you, get that picture Notty?   :happy1:  :rofl2:  :lol:
A470 at Terry cafe, near storey arms. :) they are all over the area taking snaps - at least it wasn't a police camera van ! not that I speed of course. Never had a picture of me on the 14 because it would have just been a blur as my B\W sped past  :rofl2:
https://motorphoto.pixieset.com/a470terrysburgervancornersunday23rdaugust2026/


Been down there many, times but always, passing through and never, stopped. Maybe next time.
Mr Gee

GSXKING

The cleanliness glare off you B&W wouldn't allow a flash to actually get a picture @Notty LOL  :rofl2:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Tony Nitrous

#1192
Best ride in months... it's not bloody cold !!

18 to 21 degrees C this morning.

Only 126K's but it was all on clean, dry, twisty, country roads. The bike's not far after having a full service and new S23's in a 55 rear.

A short but fun ride. Really enjoyed it.



Thinking of a recent topic on fuel consumption, even using 4th and 5th when I could have been in 6th gear, and being a bit "enthusiastic" in a few places, in full power mode, when I got home it was still showing 19.9k / Ltr for this morning.



Edit:  Ride 64 this year. I'm a bit behind my "100 rides in 2026" goal, but maybe now it's warmer I can fix that before storm season gets here.
.

Tony Nitrous

#1193
Quote from: Notty on Wednesday, 26 August  2026, 07:24 PMSo busy are these roads that photographers sit at the side of the roads and pillocks purchase a photo

I'm in no situation to criticise.........  :whistling:









.

Tony Nitrous

A different ride today, but still included the same 126K's of twisty fun roads.

The Gen-2 has some similarities to the Gen-3 and they do share the same frame and swingarm, but the huge amount of differences between a stock Gen-3 and a mildly modded Gen-2 make them feel and behave noticeably different.



65th ride this year.


.

Mr Gee

Headed for Montgomery Castle today but when I got there, it was closed for urgent repairs.  :sad:

Went via Bridgnorth, Shrewsbury, Welshpool, Montgomery, Craven Arms and back to Poolhall for a cuppa.  :clapping:

Never mind, try again, another day.  :onya:
Mr Gee

Tony Nitrous

I could write a long list of overdue jobs on this bike and things that aren't right... but it was still a fun morning.







I always judge a bike on if it was written off or stolen today, would I buy another tomorrow. I always said I wouldn't with the H2 SX SE, I 100% would with the Gen-3 Busa, I probably would with the Gen-2 Busa... the B-King ? I'm not sure. Maybe not.  I like it and I'm quite attached to it, but it's not that great at things the Busa's or GSX1400 do better.  Mixed feelings.  It's a whole heap of fun, but it's the bike I use least and I'm not sure that I'd miss it if it wasn't here.

.

Eric GSX1400K3

If the B king doesn't do it for you, try thinking what could be parked there instead.

I know you have lots of other bikes.  Maybe moving it on would provide funds for the Gen2 Busa upgrade kit youve mentioned a few times....?
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Wednesday, 02 September  2026, 04:19 PMIf the B king doesn't do it for you, try thinking what could be parked there instead.

I know you have lots of other bikes.  Maybe moving it on would provide funds for the Gen2 Busa upgrade kit youve mentioned a few times....?

I have thought about it. My 1400 has had a hard life and isn't the best example. It's sat gathering dust needing a lot of work. A tidy less abused version might get some use and suit me.

I've had the B-King less than two months off 19 years and I'm not good with parting with bikes.

I'll run the 4 bikes with rego until the end of the year then give it some thought.

If I was a smart man I'd clear out the bikes and projects I never ever use or get around to, and buy another 1400.

I have plans for next year that may include less registered bikes and a few less rides.  Maybe a different bike would fit in with that.
.

Mr Gee

Got the XSR900 out today. Ready to go when I realised that I'd forgotten my wallet.

turned her off, went back and fetched it. Returned to bike, turned it on, pressed the starter and everything went blank.

Dead as a door nail. So spent the day in the garage, searching for another, as yet, elusive electrical fault.

So far, everything checks out.

Fuses, fine

Starter relay, working fine

Starter relay, cut out, working fine.

Hy ho, here we go again.  :confused1:  :whatever:  :sad:

Mr Gee

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk