News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Rough running, low revs

Started by Phill P, Saturday, 22 August 2026, 10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phill P

Cheers for that Hooli, all screen shots, now I'll start looking around  :cheers:
Thankfully we all like different things, and I like a modded GSX1400

grog

Seems the sensor part available easily, just comes in many different costumes. We will sort it out,just a challenge for us. 😎

Eric GSX1400K3

Using a resistor to fool the bike would be a good solution, issue is it needs to be a variable resistor with a temp vs ohms curve that matches the OEM sensor.

A threaded sensor that matches then filing or machining the thread off also works, as long as the o ring can be fitted to keep the oil on the right side. 
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

From USA

Hooli

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Tuesday, 25 August  2026, 08:02 PMUsing a resistor to fool the bike would be a good solution, issue is it needs to be a variable resistor with a temp vs ohms curve that matches the OEM sensor.

A threaded sensor that matches then filing or machining the thread off also works, as long as the o ring can be fitted to keep the oil on the right side. 

Tbh a fixed resistor at running temp would work, but you'd probably have to let it warm up for a few mins from cold so it didn't stall easily.

I'd be surprised if the sensor isn't used elsewhere though, maybe marine outboards.

Phill P

I've now got Thursday off so can test the resistance of it on and off bike, if it fails it will stay off until I've cobbled something together.
If I can get the car sensor to work I'll go that route, if not I'll try some sort of resistor, Downside will be cold start and the fan will never cut in, not that it ever has and if it believes the bike is always cold it never would have cut in. Does anyone know the type of connection to the loom.

Paul
Thankfully we all like different things, and I like a modded GSX1400

Eric GSX1400K3

I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Hooli

It won't affect the fan, that sensor is the one at the bottom of the RH side of the bike below the ignition cover.


Phill P

Quote from: grog on Tuesday, 25 August  2026, 08:54 PMFrom USA

Is that correct one as the gsx one is

13650-42F00

The USA one is

13650-42f10-000

Give or take a - or two
Thankfully we all like different things, and I like a modded GSX1400

Hooli

As I recall from looking at part numbers before, the third section is the colour/paint. So it's probably correct.

Phill P

Quote from: Hooli on Tuesday, 25 August  2026, 09:59 PMAs I recall from looking at part numbers before, the third section is the colour/paint. So it's probably correct.

Good stuff 👏
Thankfully we all like different things, and I like a modded GSX1400

Phill P

Had a look tonight but need to loosen the tank as the oil sensor wire is trapped slightly, however did come across this, unsure of dimensions, 184768 Febi 1757904 1871772, not quite the same but close apart from the O ring
Thankfully we all like different things, and I like a modded GSX1400

grog

Found this one, on sale

Phill P

#43
I'll get to pull it all off and take a look tomorrow, I do hope it is fubar cos if its not I'm going to have a lot of egg on my face :whistling:
Do these oil sensors need to bath in splashing oil or are the just in the area. Getting something similar is problematic as I don't know the dimensions on the other sensors. Could a generic oil sensor not be fitted in the oil filler hole with appropriate fittings :salute:

Main oil gallery bolt, is m14 x1.25 generally quite a standard fitment for a temp sensor
Thankfully we all like different things, and I like a modded GSX1400

Eric GSX1400K3

Pretty sure its just an area temp sensor. It doesn't sit in a bath of oil, so any suitable fitting sensor would do.  They are robus, ive only heard of Hooli having a failed one. Mine passed both the manual specified values and the hand held resistance check.  My rough running was due to ebay special low quality injectors  :facepalm:
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk