News:

20 January 2026 was our 9th birthday! We're flying toward double digits.

Main Menu

Rough running, low revs

Started by Phill P, Saturday, 22 August 2026, 10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phill P

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Monday, 24 August  2026, 08:48 AMAnother easy test of the oil temp sensor is to take it out, and re connect it to the plug. Connect the multimeter to the back of the plug (using the pointy probes) and with the setting on resistance, holding the sensor in your closed hand, you should see the ohms drop as the sensor warms up. If it  doesn't then its faulty.

Also good tip re the clutch switch, but dont disconnect before starting, as its interlocked to the starter relay.

3 sensors to check: oil temp, clutch and throttle.

Webike japan is cheapest for oem Suzuki parts.

I've looked at fowlers and webike, fowlers are out of stock £220 and webike seem have it so I have ordered it, getting a little concerned that they are unobtainable  :shocked:
Thankfully we all like different things, and I like a modded GSX1400

Hooli

There's quite a lot on webike that dealers here can't get & always much cheaper too.

Phill P

Quote from: Hooli on Tuesday, 25 August  2026, 03:31 AMThere's quite a lot on webike that dealers here can't get & always much cheaper too.

Much cheaper, even with import duty if I get stung for it, did try the clutch switch disconnected but didn't seem to make a difference.  When you did yours did you get to the sensor OK or did you have to remove anything nearby.

P
Thankfully we all like different things, and I like a modded GSX1400

Hooli

Quote from: Phill P on Tuesday, 25 August  2026, 03:43 AM
Quote from: Hooli on Tuesday, 25 August  2026, 03:31 AMThere's quite a lot on webike that dealers here can't get & always much cheaper too.

Much cheaper, even with import duty if I get stung for it, did try the clutch switch disconnected but didn't seem to make a difference.  When you did yours did you get to the sensor OK or did you have to remove anything nearby.

P

From memory I had to remove the bottom of the Y-shaped oil pipe up the back of the barrels to get access to one allen bolt but that was all. Oh & the side panel to get to where it plugs in, but that's hardly difficult as I'm sure you're aware.

Phill P

Quote from: Hooli on Tuesday, 25 August  2026, 04:09 AM
Quote from: Phill P on Tuesday, 25 August  2026, 03:43 AM
Quote from: Hooli on Tuesday, 25 August  2026, 03:31 AMThere's quite a lot on webike that dealers here can't get & always much cheaper too.

Much cheaper, even with import duty if I get stung for it, did try the clutch switch disconnected but didn't seem to make a difference.  When you did yours did you get to the sensor OK or did you have to remove anything nearby.

P

From memory I had to remove the bottom of the Y-shaped oil pipe up the back of the barrels to get access to one allen bolt but that was all. Oh & the side panel to get to where it plugs in, but that's hardly difficult as I'm sure you're aware.

Took a look at the weekend and did see the Y shaped pipe, lol routing the wire is not an issue ;)
Thankfully we all like different things, and I like a modded GSX1400

grog

Temp sensor, yeah getting scarce. Is 13650-42F00 correct part number?£53 or $103 Oz. Might order as a spare.

Phill P

Quote from: grog on Tuesday, 25 August  2026, 04:15 PMTemp sensor, yeah getting scarce. Is 13650-42F00 correct part number?£53 or $103 Oz. Might order as a spare.

Got a link as webike no stock
Thankfully we all like different things, and I like a modded GSX1400

grog

Says in stock🤷🏼

Phill P

If that's webike Japan my email this morning says it not in stock :whatever:

Thank you for using Webike Japan.

We are sorry to tell you that the item you have ordered is out of
stock at this time and its next delivery date is unfixed.

We are truly sorry to that we can not accept any order of item(s)
of its delivery date is unfixed, therefore, we have cancelled your order.

** Products that are not available (unfixed delivery date) **
------------------------------------------------------------------
Item(1)
SUZUKI OEM Motorcycle parts Sensor, Oil Temperaure 13650-42F00-000
13650-42F00-000
Parts Number:1365042F00000
Thankfully we all like different things, and I like a modded GSX1400

grog

Bugger. I can't find anywhere, new or used. Sensor is used in lots of cars etc, FACET 33490, cheap, few bucks. Need thread size, either 12 or 14 mm. They have a wiring plug,could be cut off, attach wiring from original plug, only 2 wires.Bit of rooting around but at least a chance.Anyone know the thread size is first hurdle, Hooli ??

Phill P

Quote from: grog on Tuesday, 25 August  2026, 05:06 PMBugger. I can't find anywhere, new or used. Sensor is used in lots of cars etc, FACET 33490, cheap, few bucks. Need thread size, either 12 or 14 mm. They have a wiring plug,could be cut off, attach wiring from original plug, only 2 wires.Bit of rooting around but at least a chance.Anyone know the thread size is first hurdle, Hooli ??

Doesn't appear to have a thread as it's held down by the cover
Thankfully we all like different things, and I like a modded GSX1400

grog

Yeah, you're right. Must be a way🤞

Phill P

If its literally the same sensor then the thread could be filed off or put in a lathe, I'll remove mine next week and either put some sort of resister in it to fool the bike into thinking its warm or get the one you've shown to see how similar they are.
Thankfully we all like different things, and I like a modded GSX1400

grog

Seems a few failing, need to sort an answer. Looking forward to your input

Hooli

Quote from: grog on Tuesday, 25 August  2026, 05:06 PMBugger. I can't find anywhere, new or used. Sensor is used in lots of cars etc, FACET 33490, cheap, few bucks. Need thread size, either 12 or 14 mm. They have a wiring plug,could be cut off, attach wiring from original plug, only 2 wires.Bit of rooting around but at least a chance.Anyone know the thread size is first hurdle, Hooli ??

Now why'd I know something random like that?  :whistling:

Having checked the broken bits shelf....

These should help match something else up.

IMG_20260825_091547.jpg
IMG_20260825_091605.jpg
IMG_20260825_091635.jpg
IMG_20260825_091727.jpg
IMG_20260825_091712.jpg
Sizes (450 x 600).jpg




SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk