News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

What Did You See Today?

Started by grog, Thursday, 21 July 2022, 06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Nitrous

Saw some rain !!
Haven't seen any in a while.

Today was going to be a bike day but I changed my mind pretty early this morning.





To be fair, wife and I have been watering plants for a few days saying how we really need some rain. We've had a pretty mild Winter so with a bit of rain all the new plants should do OK this Spring.

Much as I'd like to be out on my bike, having water in my house tanks, plants watered, less risk of bush fires etc still makes me happy.
.

grog

Today saw while doing throttle adjustment, clamp on one manifold rubber had come undone. Never been off so worth a check you Blokes.

Eric GSX1400K3

Cheers Grog, I checked mine the last time tank was off.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Rynglieder


Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Rynglieder on Monday, 17 August  2026, 01:19 AMWow, look at the size of that rabbit!

There are Roo's locally, I see quite a few, but we only seem to get these smaller Wallabies around our place. They used to be all around the house but now I've fenced the yard they can't destroy my garden and the dog can't annoy them.



Now they sit at the gate, and the dog growls at them from the sofa.



Not a great pic but outside my front gate this morning. A Koala and a youngster.



The wildlife is a big attraction for me here. I love it. I've fenced off 2 or 3 acres as a sanctuary and I'm planting a lot of stuff that's wildlife related.



I've lived at a couple of places, traveled a bit, but the wildlife around here is hectic ! The amount of snakes, spiders, scorpions, wild dogs, wild pigs, eagles, Echidna's, bandicoots, other birds, goannas, frogs, toads etc etc is quite suprising.

If anyone is interested just start a wildlife thread... I will bore you even more. 
.

Hooli

Do it, it sounds interesting.

Rynglieder

Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Monday, 17 August  2026, 03:23 PMI've lived at a couple of places, traveled a bit, but the wildlife around here is hectic ! The amount of snakes, spiders, scorpions, wild dogs, wild pigs, eagles, Echidna's, bandicoots, other birds, goannas, frogs, toads etc etc is quite suprising.

If anyone is interested just start a wildlife thread... I will bore you even more.

Thanks for sharing (and looking after them).

It's quite an assortment, I get excited when the local fox drops by at 21:00 to see if we have left anything out for it.

Dwain Dibley

Whilst out cycling the other day I reported a local pothole outside the school. I hit this whilst avoiding the inch thick yellow markings out side the school.....I now have bollocks for earrings. :coffeescreen:

20260821_144610.jpg

20260821_144604.jpg

Today I upgraded the report to urgent as it's now a sinkhole. about 12 - 18 inches deep, and there is a complete void under the road surface. If a bike or car hits it they will break through.

20260824_154336.jpg

The State of the UK roads is terrible, even tho they did manage to resurface some roads for the tour of Britain Women's race last week, in wales.

D.D.
To Infirmity and Beyond.. :-)

Pommeroy

Quote from: Dwain Dibley on Tuesday, 25 August  2026, 03:59 AMWhilst out cycling the other day I reported a local pothole outside the school. I hit this whilst avoiding the inch thick yellow markings out side the school.....I now have bollocks for earrings. :coffeescreen:

20260821_144610.jpg

20260821_144604.jpg

Today I upgraded the report to urgent as it's now a sinkhole. about 12 - 18 inches deep, and there is a complete void under the road surface. If a bike or car hits it they will break through.

20260824_154336.jpg

The State of the UK roads is terrible, even tho they did manage to resurface some roads for the tour of Britain Women's race last week, in wales.

D.D.


Many job opportunities for a tenor in the West Mids?
There's always room in the world for a bit more tolerance and kindness.

Rob

KiwiCol

Bung some expanding foam down it as a temporary fix Dwain, might last a while . ..
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Hooli

Bloody lycralouts wearing our roads out & they don't even pay road tax!  :stir:  :whistling:

Dwain Dibley

Quote from: Hooli on Tuesday, 25 August  2026, 05:43 AMBloody lycralouts wearing our roads out & they don't even pay road tax!  :stir:  :whistling:

You sayin I'm fat ?? :coffeescreen:  :popcorn:

My emissions are not the ones DVLA are interested in Hools. lol

D.D.
To Infirmity and Beyond.. :-)

Eric GSX1400K3

I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Tony Nitrous

Today, I'm trying hard to pretend in not a dumb Pommie labourer, and admire Sino-Portuguese architecture. (Old Phuket Town)









.

Eric GSX1400K3

Awesome Tony, if you get the chance, go to Chiang Mai, its a day trip, and see the white blue and red temples. A bit touristy, but worthwhile.  We also visited an elephant orphanage near there, was amazing.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk