GSX1400 Owners .org

General => Introductions => Topic started by: Lee27475 on Friday, 25 September 2026, 07:43 AM

Title: New member from the Uk
Post by: Lee27475 on Friday, 25 September 2026, 07:43 AM
Hello, thanks for letting me join, I am new to the suzuki world, so looking forward to being part of your community, i live in the UK i have just purchased the GSX 1400 year 2002, its being delivered on Saturday, so really looking forward to receiving it. I will upload a picture Saturday when I receive it. I have always been a honda guy but always loved the look of the 1400 k2, i am 51 years of age now so I thought its now or never. So thank you once again and hope to talk to some of you guys soon. Have a nice day
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Eric GSX1400K3 on Friday, 25 September 2026, 08:11 AM
Welcome Lee, K2's are the cream of the crop imho. Hope you picked the right colour (B&W of course!). 

Upload pictures of your new 1402 when you can.
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: KiwiCol on Friday, 25 September 2026, 08:37 AM
Gidday Lee, welcome to the forum.  Well, being a Honda guy, you'll have a bit to learn about the 14, luckily it's all here!  :onya:
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Boa on Friday, 25 September 2026, 09:08 AM
Welcome aboard Lee, where abouts are you?
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: grog on Friday, 25 September 2026, 09:16 AM
Welcome Mate👍
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Hooli on Friday, 25 September 2026, 03:31 PM
Morning, plenty of UK folk on here.
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Lee27475 on Friday, 25 September 2026, 03:47 PM
Quote from: Boa on Friday, 25 September  2026, 09:08 AMWelcome aboard Lee, where abouts are you?
good morning boa, from the uk flintshire, just inside the welsh border.
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Lee27475 on Friday, 25 September 2026, 03:50 PM
Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Friday, 25 September  2026, 08:11 AMWelcome Lee, K2's are the cream of the crop imho. Hope you picked the right colour (B&W of course!). 

Upload pictures of your new 1402 when you can.
good morning Eric, thank you for your message, yes it is the B/W absolute love the k2 colour layout. Thanks eric
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Pommeroy on Friday, 25 September 2026, 05:27 PM
Welcome Lee. I hope the sun shines for you on Saturday and Sunday.
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Lee27475 on Friday, 25 September 2026, 05:41 PM
Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Friday, 25 September  2026, 08:11 AMWelcome Lee, K2's are the cream of the crop imho. Hope you picked the right colour (B&W of course!). 

Upload pictures of your new 1402 when you can.
thanks Eric will do
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Lee27475 on Friday, 25 September 2026, 05:42 PM
Thanks guy, I am really looking forward to it arriving. Roll on Saturday. Thank
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Mick_J on Friday, 25 September 2026, 06:34 PM
Welcome to the forum Lee.  :onya: Only one more sleep to go .
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Lee27475 on Friday, 25 September 2026, 07:15 PM
Can I ask does anyone know whÿ my name is blocked in the offline section, is there something I have not done correctly. Thanks
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Mr Gee on Friday, 25 September 2026, 07:45 PM
Welcome to 1400 ownership.  :onya:

You won't be disappointed.  :smitten:

 :welcome:

 
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Tony Nitrous on Friday, 25 September 2026, 07:54 PM
Welcome.

51 years old ?

Well as a youngster at least you have plenty of years ahead to enjoy the 14.
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Dwain Dibley on Saturday, 26 September 2026, 02:19 AM
Welcome from the West Mids matey.

Happy new bike, you will love it.

D.D.
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Lee27475 on Saturday, 26 September 2026, 04:07 AM
Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Friday, 25 September  2026, 07:54 PMWelcome.

51 years old ?

Well as a youngster at least you have plenty of years ahead to enjoy the 14.
hi Tony, I am older than I feel lol, I will definitely try to enjoy, thank you
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Lee27475 on Saturday, 26 September 2026, 04:38 AM
Quote from: Pommeroy on Friday, 25 September  2026, 05:27 PMWelcome Lee. I hope the sun shines for you on Saturday and Sunday.
weather checked, looking Goooood. Thank you
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Lee27475 on Saturday, 26 September 2026, 04:39 AM
Quote from: grog on Friday, 25 September  2026, 09:16 AMWelcome Mate👍
thanks mate
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Lee27475 on Saturday, 26 September 2026, 04:42 AM
Quote from: KiwiCol on Friday, 25 September  2026, 08:37 AMGidday Lee, welcome to the forum.  Well, being a Honda guy, you'll have a bit to learn about the 14, luckily it's all here!  :onya:
everyday is a training day lol
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Lee27475 on Saturday, 26 September 2026, 04:42 AM
Quote from: Boa on Friday, 25 September  2026, 09:08 AMWelcome aboard Lee, where abouts are you?
over in flintshire mate UK.
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Lee27475 on Saturday, 26 September 2026, 04:44 AM
Quote from: Mr Gee on Friday, 25 September  2026, 07:45 PMWelcome to 1400 ownership.  :onya:

You won't be disappointed.  :smitten:

 :welcome:

 
thank you mate
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Stepdoug on Saturday, 26 September 2026, 05:26 AM
Welcome Lee, I joined in 06 left,  came back,  left came back  now back again awaiting delivery of my 5th 1400
Very helpful bunch on here,
 :clapping:  :notworthy:
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: nod on Saturday, 26 September 2026, 05:36 AM
welcome Lee,another one from flintshire here,might see you out and about sometime
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Lee27475 on Saturday, 26 September 2026, 03:25 PM
Quote from: Lee27475 on Saturday, 26 September  2026, 04:44 AM
Quote from: Mr Gee on Friday, 25 September  2026, 07:45 PMWelcome to 1400 ownership.  :onya:

You won't be disappointed.  :smitten:

 :welcome:

 
thank you mate
thanks mate.  :hat:
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Lee27475 on Sunday, 27 September 2026, 06:06 AM
Hello, can someone help, is the online block actually mean I am blocked from posting on the forum as I have no link or button to put a new message on. Getting abit agitated trying to find it. Im new to this and like alittle help. Thanks guys
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: KiwiCol on Sunday, 27 September 2026, 06:07 AM
Quote from: Lee27475 on Sunday, 27 September  2026, 06:06 AMHello, can someone help, is the online block actually mean I am blocked from posting on the forum as I have no link or button to put a new message on. Getting abit agitated trying to find it. Im new to this and like alittle help. Thanks guys

I'll have a look Lee, sit tight.  But, you've managed to post the above so . . .
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: KiwiCol on Sunday, 27 September 2026, 06:15 AM
Hmmm, I've had a look at your account Lee, it seems alright to me.  However, I note you logged in at 8.58am (NZ Local time) this morning.  I'm wondering if you were looking at the forum as a guest? ie, not logged in? when you were being restricted?  The forum can look very similar when you open it as a Guest, just set the login to "Forever" and each time you open the forum you'll automatically be logged in.
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Lee27475 on Sunday, 27 September 2026, 06:46 AM
Quote from: KiwiCol on Sunday, 27 September  2026, 06:15 AMHmmm, I've had a look at your account Lee, it seems alright to me.  However, I note you logged in at 8.58am (NZ Local time) this morning.  I'm wondering if you were looking at the forum as a guest? ie, not logged in? when you were being restricted?  The forum can look very similar when you open it as a Guest, just set the login to "Forever" and each time you open the forum you'll automatically be logged in.
ok I will look into that, thank you for you quick response, I have just posted so getting use to finding whats what lol. Get there in the end. Thanks
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Stepdoug on Sunday, 27 September 2026, 08:34 PM
Bad tyres , beware
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Lee27475 on Tuesday, 29 September 2026, 06:09 PM
Quote from: Stepdoug on Sunday, 27 September  2026, 08:34 PMBad tyres , bewarwe
Wow definitely these tyres are 05 13 thanks
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Lee27475 on Tuesday, 29 September 2026, 06:13 PM
Well, I have the bug i am so bitten with this ride,  :smitten: just gutted its the end of the season,.. pray some more nice weather  :notworthy: thanks for your input guys
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Lee27475 on Tuesday, 29 September 2026, 06:16 PM
Quote from: nod on Saturday, 26 September  2026, 05:36 AMwelcome Lee,another one from flintshire here,might see you out and about sometime
[/quote
Hi nod, nice one definitely, old stores, nice brekkie there. You been?
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: nod on Wednesday, 30 September 2026, 05:55 AM
yeh,went a while ago,before it got too busy,,prefer the run to A&D in Denbigh tbh,,
maybe the ponderosa will open again in the future
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Mr Gee on Wednesday, 30 September 2026, 06:19 AM
Quote from: Lee27475 on Tuesday, 29 September  2026, 06:13 PMWell, I have the bug i am so bitten with this ride,  :smitten: just gutted its the end of the season,.. pray some more nice weather  :notworthy: thanks for your input guys

There is no season for riding bikes. You can do it all, year around, if you want too.

Although, I will admit that as I have got older, I do tend to dodge the rain, ice and snow, these days.

However, as long, as it is dry, I'm out.  :onya:
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Lee27475 on Wednesday, 30 September 2026, 07:08 AM
Quote from: nod on Wednesday, 30 September  2026, 05:55 AMyeh,went a while ago,before it got too busy,,prefer the run to A&D in Denbigh tbh,,
maybe the ponderosa will open again in the future
A&D ya good brew, i have read the ponda is reopening soon so that would be good. I have signed the Wall where the slate is back in 2005 still there, im not a thug lol, had some good times riding up there with friends.
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: Hooli on Wednesday, 30 September 2026, 08:06 AM
Quote from: Mr Gee on Wednesday, 30 September  2026, 06:19 AM
Quote from: Lee27475 on Tuesday, 29 September  2026, 06:13 PMWell, I have the bug i am so bitten with this ride,  :smitten: just gutted its the end of the season,.. pray some more nice weather  :notworthy: thanks for your input guys

There is no season for riding bikes. You can do it all, year around, if you want too.

Although, I will admit that as I have got older, I do tend to dodge the rain, ice and snow, these days.

However, as long, as it is dry, I'm out.  :onya:

That's what winter snotters exist for.
Title: Re: New member from the Uk
Post by: VladTepes on Sunday, 04 October 2026, 05:37 PM
(https://gsx1400owners.org/forum/gallery/0/1-290517235220.png)