Pirelli Angle GT 2's ?

Started by Yetiman, Sunday, 14 April 2024, 11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yetiman

Hey all just wondering I need new tyres on my 1400 what do people think of the Angle GT-2's ?
My local Bike shop have them in stock for $590aud fitted so $3.50usd lol, Or should I go something else ?
Cheers.

KiwiCol

Just had a look here (NZ) & we can get them for $598 but have to fit them yourself.   Few places are much dearer than $598 though, into the high 6's.

@grog is the man to ask about Angles, he loves 'em.   Horses for courses, some folk like them & others don't, personally, I have Angels on the Black K6 & Road 6's on the Blue K6, I don't mind either.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

Know nothing about Angel 2 on my 3rd set of Angel GT original, no complaints, last & grip good enough for me. Around $100 set diff between them. Mate had 2s on MT10,never heard him say bad about them.

Yetiman

Thanx Grog got it booked in for tomorrow but thought I'd just see what thoughts where before then..

Yetiman

Thanx Col, I guess I'll give them a go, They will be a 100x better than the 10+yr old ones on there :embarassed:

Kiwifruit

Yetiman enjoy, It will feel like a new bike with those new boots on  :onya: 
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

grog

Agree, 10 yrs old a bit long. Pirellis like pressure up,36,38 i use.

Yetiman

Yetiman

seth

I really rate the pirelli angel gt2's as great in wet or dry and they last really well the back still stays round it they are very old .I get 8000 miles a set easily
Also like the Michelin road 5 (I assume the 6's are just as good if not better)
I really really hated the metzelar roadtec se 01 (worst tyres I've had fitted in 30 years to any bike)
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Irish in Oz

I use Halford's engine oil only because the previous owner used it.

seth

Quote from: grog on Sunday, 14 April  2024, 05:41 PMAgree, 10 yrs old a bit long. Pirellis like pressure up,36,38 i use.
My k5 had 12 year old tyres on it when I got it and they were fine in the dry.
Then we hit a small shower of rain and the bike became almost unrideable and I had to fight to keep it on the road at well below the speedlimit speeds .
Anything that's been sitting or older I'd just change them  :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Irish in Oz

And don't forget there is A and B spec to choose from.

Yetiman

Yeah I got them fitted today I took the wheels in so haven't ridden on them yet Bikes back together so might get a ride in tomorrow,
Yes the A is for a Heavey bike..

BlueDragon

Quote from: seth on Monday, 15 April  2024, 03:37 AMI really rate the pirelli angel gt2's as great in wet or dry and they last really well the back still stays round it they are very old .I get 8000 miles a set easily
Also like the Michelin road 5 (I assume the 6's are just as good if not better)
I really really hated the metzelar roadtec se 01 (worst tyres I've had fitted in 30 years to any bike)

What didn't you like about the Roadtecs?

I had the Roadtec01 on my VFR800 and they stuck like glue no matter the conditions.  Really comfortable tyres.  From brand new, I was able to push hard through corners, no waiting with a 200klm break in etc.

Conversely, when I fitted Angel GT's on my VFR and the 1400, they caused me to nearly need a change of pants at the first corner.  Felt like the whole bike was going to wipe out from underneath me and I was only going 40 around the first corner after being fitted..  Took about 400klms for the tyres to get any grip in them.  Also noted that whilst the Roadtec was very comfortable, with the same suspension settings and the Angel GT, the suspension felt like there was no give in it and was as rough as I had ever experienced.  Had to do a lot of adjustment to get comfort back with handling - but never quite got to the level the Roadtec allowed.  Once broken in the Angels were good, but at times, they gave me some but puckering moments in the wet and dry..  the rear has flattened off and the front has a centre flat spot as well as the sides becoming flat as well.    have about 10 thousand kays on them..  This is all two up riding with the wife on the back (about 50kg)  my ride is through the Oxley ranges - which for those in Australia would know, is an extremely winding mountain road - 300+ corners.

The 1400 is due for new tyres now, but we are heading into winter, so won't be riding much..  I'll wait for spring and repalce them..  was going to put on a set of the new Roadtec 02.  But I'd be interested in your thoughts on the Roadtec01SE, Seth..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk