Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

Hagon Nitros

Started by Notty, Friday, 03 November 2017, 07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Notty

Quote from: Tim1954 on Friday, 17 September  2021, 03:25 AM
@Notty
Do you still have those Nitros and if you have, are you satisfied? I am also short legged and might want to lower the back of my bike.
Hagons can be a bit harsh and bottom out under certain conditions - I would lower the seat first and see how you get on. I have a 29 inch (inside) middle leg and with the seat lowered and the shortened Hagons I can flat foot both sides, was not important when I was younger but old age and the weight off the 1400 makes it easier  :)
@Tim1954
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Notty

Eric GSX1400K3

Should change his forum name to 'Tripod' then
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Tim1954

Quote from: Notty on Friday, 17 September  2021, 06:25 AM
Hagons can be a bit harsh and bottom out under certain conditions - I would lower the seat first and see how you get on. I have a 29 inch (inside) middle leg and with the seat lowered and the shortened Hagons I can flat foot both sides, was not important when I was younger but old age and the weight off the 1400 makes it easier  :)
@Tim1954

@Notty
My seat has already been lowered. My legs are 28 inches and I have real problems reaching the ground. The weight of the bike is also a problem and I can not move it with my legs when sitting on it.

Does it mean that you are not quite satisfied with your Hagons when you say that they are harsh and bottom out easily? In what kind of situations do they bottom out? My weight is 70 kg and my wife's 42 kg. Is it probable that they would bottom out often? Does the harshness make riding very different from the original? How?

Another thing: Does the side stand work correctly when the rear wheel is upper than normal? Isn't the bike more vertical when on side stand? Is that a problem?

Hagon's web pages are currently out of order and I can not contact them. Could you do me a favour and ask them whether they can deliver the same shocks that you have and at what price?

Brgds Timo

Notty

Quote from: Tim1954 on Thursday, 23 September  2021, 05:03 AM
Quote from: Notty on Friday, 17 September  2021, 06:25 AM
@Tim1954

@Notty
My seat has already been lowered. My legs are 28 inches and I have real problems reaching the ground. The weight of the bike is also a problem and I can not move it with my legs when sitting on it.

Does it mean that you are not quite satisfied with your Hagons when you say that they are harsh and bottom out easily? In what kind of situations do they bottom out? My weight is 70 kg and my wife's 42 kg. Is it probable that they would bottom out often? Does the harshness make riding very different from the original? How?

Another thing: Does the side stand work correctly when the rear wheel is upper than normal? Isn't the bike more vertical when on side stand? Is that a problem?

Hagon's web pages are currently out of order and I can not contact them. Could you do me a favour and ask them whether they can deliver the same shocks that you have and at what price?

Brgds Timo
I can flat foot with the shortened Hagons and lowered seat  - yes the side stand is a problem as is the main stand but I am very careful when parking. makes manoeuvring so much easier
@Tim1954

Mick_J

I don't want to sound too rude Tim 1954 but if the bike is too big for you get a smaller one.  :whistling:
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

grog

My thoughts also. I really wanted Rocket 3 Triumph. Spent two weeks riding one everyday. Realised just too heavy for me.

MarkN

My 14 came complete with a Top Sellerie seat as well as the original and Hagon Nitros. My inside leg is 32 and have no problems getting my feet on the floor with either but the non standard seat considerably lowers the bum to floor distance!
I've never ridden a 14 with standard rear springs so have no comparison to make but my wife and I have been on a couple of 2000 mile plus trips since owning it and, with top box, panniers and "two up", have never had any problems/issues with the Hagons.
I know some people don't like them but I've been quite happy with the feel of them

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk