News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

seth

I like that rear disc do you have any details on where it's from and a clue in price .
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

SpongeBob

Quote from: seth on Wednesday, 27 July  2022, 08:23 AM
I like that rear disc do you have any details on where it's from and a clue in price .
Hi Seth! It's the plain regular one from EBC. One of the rare, aside the OEM one, not 'wavey' :-)
Apparently about 100 quids right now.

grog

Unreal bike Spongey, youve done some great stuff. My little mods pale compared to yours. 👍👍👍

SpongeBob

Quote from: grog on Thursday, 28 July  2022, 05:42 PM
Unreal bike Spongey, youve done some great stuff. My little mods pale compared to yours. 👍👍👍
Cheers Grog!
I have to admit that some of those mods are may be a bit expensive but they all are, well...almost all, deemed to be useful (hopefully). This bike is meant to be ridden  :imrgreen:

Fast1400

Engine oil and filter change, front, rear brake and clutch fluid change, fitted some new BT016 Pro's.
Tyres $472 f&b - quite the bargain, methinks?
Everything just feels that little bit smoother (probably just in my head).
Decent blast planned for the weekend ;)

Tony Nitrous

I put a 1amp charger on the GSX1400.

I'm aiming at the 15th of next month to hand over the keys to my rental cottage, and hand over the keys to my storage unit.

Maybe then I can get back to bikes occasionally !

grog

Today i rebuilt one caliper, easy stuff. Got reading tonight, Tokico site, says piston seals are tapered, skinny side in. My seals are square and no mention of taper in 14 manual. Whos right ? Seals certainly look same both sides. Other notice, Tokico site & 14 manual says their is 2 o rings to clamp halves together. Mine only one. Must be diff models in 6 pots or am i just blind. Ill have another look next week, parts not at home.

Eric GSX1400K3

I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Tally

@grog . When I did my seals I couldn't tell if mine were tapered or not, the only way  to tell is when the seal is in run your finger over it , if you can feel a lip when you drag your finger back the seals in correctly if it's smooth take it out and turn it over

Bri1100

Quote from: grog on Friday, 29 July  2022, 05:59 PM
Today i rebuilt one caliper, easy stuff. Got reading tonight, Tokico site, says piston seals are tapered, skinny side in. My seals are square and no mention of taper in 14 manual. Whos right ? Seals certainly look same both sides. Other notice, Tokico site & 14 manual says their is 2 o rings to clamp halves together. Mine only one. Must be diff models in 6 pots or am i just blind. Ill have another look next week, parts not at home.
Just the one o ring to rejoin the two halves, had me confused as well.

Jeykey

Quote from: grog on Friday, 29 July  2022, 05:59 PM
Grog, when I rebuilt mine a few weeks ago, checked for the taper but weren´t, just plain square. And only 1 ring for the 2 halves. Mine´s a K5.

Hooli

@grog only one O-ring between the halves as others have said.

The seals have always looked square to me too. I turn them over each time I rebuild my brakes. Reason being the ones caught on the sticky pistons are twisted, so by flipping the them the piston movement as I pump the brakes up helps roll them straight. Works in my head at least, no idea if it really helps or not.

grog

Thanks blokes👍Calipers in grainy photo shown in manual, 2 O rings. WTF

Hooli

What manual is that? I've just checked the Suzuki one and it correctly shows one O-ring. It also makes no mention of tapered seals.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk