News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bri1100

Quote from: paulr5604 on Monday, 09 May  2022, 12:13 AM
Just found some wire in my shed. Not 100% if it is stainless or not some of it has been used in my garden for plants to grow up for the last 2 years and it isn't rusty. Is it same to assume that this is stainless.
Use a magnet if it sticks it's carbon if not it's stainless.

mlivkovich

Dusty ST

Swapped out the left and right engine covers back with the originals that have now been vapour blasted and clear Ceracoted.
Not really a good match with OE, but better than the scabby ones!
The ones that came off I bought new, around 8 years ago, they're looking pretty 2nd hand now, despite only having done 7k almost all dry miles.
'02 GSX1400 K2
'08 1050 Sprint ST (RIP :( )
'17 1050 Tiger Sport

Eric GSX1400K3

Went for a ride last Friday with new suspension settings, preload seems sorted, need to tweak rebound and compression damping a bit, but pleased with progress.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

paulr5604

Quote from: Bri1100 on Monday, 09 May  2022, 01:26 PM
Quote from: paulr5604 on Monday, 09 May  2022, 12:13 AM
Just found some wire in my shed. Not 100% if it is stainless or not some of it has been used in my garden for plants to grow up for the last 2 years and it isn't rusty. Is it same to assume that this is stainless.
Use a magnet if it sticks it's carbon if not it's stainless.

Quote from: mlivkovich on Monday, 09 May  2022, 01:57 PM
Copper wire also works great  :cheers:

Thank you the stainless steel locking wire I ordered arrived today so I have just swapped the plastic tie wrap for the stainless wire. I am getting pretty quick at taking the tank off now  :lol:

Red Biker

So been off today and decided to fit the bar end mirrors I bought 2 years ago, the Highlander weights I purchased separately just because they have a splash of red  :whatever:

Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

Red Biker

Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

Hooli

Not my bike but the other day I saw a K6 with FE stickers in a bike shop & for a laugh I looked at the price, NINE thousand pounds! utterly bloody mental even if it did only have 3,514 miles on it.

Even worse, some one has put a deposit on it! who are these idiots paying three times what our bikes are worth?

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: Hooli on Wednesday, 18 May  2022, 07:21 AM
Not my bike but the other day I saw a K6 with FE stickers in a bike shop & for a laugh I looked at the price, NINE thousand pounds! utterly bloody mental even if it did only have 3,514 miles on it.

Even worse, some one has put a deposit on it! who are these idiots paying three times what our bikes are worth?

That FE could have been yours Hooli if you hadn't bought that HD.... :stir:
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Hooli

Why'd I want a B/W FE that wasn't an FE at treble the price it's worth, when I've already got a B/W K2 with a better paint scheme that rides just as well as the other one would?  :whatever:

grog

Agree Hooli. UK prices treble here. I paid way over for mine, never regretted as it was a good one, still is, even better now. I paid the price, had 11yrs of great from it. I dont even value it now, just my bike. Paying 18 g for one 😃

Hooli

Aye I've had my money's worth out of mine too, paid £4.5k for it back in 2007 which included a full Givi setup I ordered at the same time. I wouldn't pay double that now for the same bike.

grog

I keep looking for upgrade to 14. Ive test rided a few. Just keep what i have i reckon.

GSXKING

I've rided  :facepalm: a lot of bikes over my 45 years of rideding  :doh: on the road. I swapped a HD RoadKing for my GSX in October 2001, so I'd suggest around $17,000 Aus Dollars at the time.
I have had many many wonderful times over the following 21 years and 147,000 km's, "The Best All Rounder" I've ever owned. I have switched to BMW RT's for touring purposes only.  :stir: :stir: :stir:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

grog

Chris, guess i didnt proof read. Rided.  :rofl3:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk