Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenneth0405

Is his name is it Andy B.. sounds good Seth let's get this s..t over wi and wait till we get some good waether .. and arrange something Kenny

seth

@Kenneth0405
He's Alan MacDonald .
Builds his own frames and does machining work plus all kinds of welding.

I'm looking at another hopefully bigger get together mid to late summer in mid Scotland.

only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Kenneth0405

Ye I'd be up for that Andy seems a handy person to know ...take care Willl c u in 2021

Del

Im up for a meet up - finally be good to get out on the bike rather than just clean it

Am no camping - No way Im too old for all that - this is what happened last time I did

All Lives Matter
...until you multiply them by the speed of light squared. Then all lives energy.

A 'feuchainn gu cruaidh gus fuck a thoirt seachad - ach gu mì-fhortanach a' fàilligeadh

Kenneth0405

seth

Last time we had 8
The time before via the old org we had 15 .
Be good to get more for a weekend .
Meet up Friday night a few beers and catch up .
A ride out on Saturday a few more beers and home on a Sunday.
I have a few routes in mind approx 150 miles(ish)
Once we know how the year is going to pan out I'll start looking into sorting somewhere to stay ECT.

only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

VladTepes

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Thursday, 17 December  2020, 07:43 PM
Talking with a mate last evening and he tells me his late model Aprilia Tuono does 140kph in 1st.  Not a great commuter bike.
Lovely bit of kit  :drool:
But how long would your license last ?

Well I rode a new hayabusa a couple of years back and asked myself this same question.  My conclusion?
"About 3 minutes".

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Hooli

Have to ride those awful, boring & dull Scottish roads?

I could be persuaded.

Hooli

As it's a bank holiday today I finally made a proper start putting my proper bike back together. Loads left to do, but it feels like I own a bike now rather than a pile of parts. This seems pretty good progress for an afternoon's work to me.

Tally

Stripped  the brake calipers down to their component parts, cleaned them and got all the pistons moving , hopefully I've avoided purchasing a new seal kit. Disc bobbins are next then fork polishing. Happy xmas and a happy new year  :cheers: more importantly let's get rid of this bloody Kung flu and get riding :wing: :cruisin: :riding:

Hooli

I've only ever replaced the seals once in the calipers. When they stick & come out with the seals slightly twisted, I put the seals back the other way up so the movement of the pistons pushes them straight again.

Tally

When I cleaned the pistons they all moved freely back into position so hopefully they won't stick again if they do then it's a new seal kit which is not that expensive .

Hooli

I've always found it's white corrosion behind the dust seals that makes mine stick, it pushes the seals out till they jam up the side of the piston.

Del

Quote from: Hooli on Saturday, 26 December  2020, 05:11 AM
I've always found it's white corrosion behind the dust seals that makes mine stick, it pushes the seals out till they jam up the side of the piston.

exactly this you need to get all the white corrosion out before refitting the seals - you need to clean all the brake fluid and crud off it - I dip in paint thinners for a few hours this cleans the contaminates off and once dry it is a lot easier to remove teh white corrosion as it is now dry
All Lives Matter
...until you multiply them by the speed of light squared. Then all lives energy.

A 'feuchainn gu cruaidh gus fuck a thoirt seachad - ach gu mì-fhortanach a' fàilligeadh

Hooli

I just wipe it off, clean the grooves out & smear it all with red grease before assembly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk