Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

steve porter

grog

Just fixed them instead of hunting, yeah never trust gumtree.

steve porter

Notty

Pre MOT check - intermittent fault on n/s front indicator traced to faulty connector in headlight bowl - new one ordered
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Indicator-Adaptor-Leads-Connector-Cable-For-Suzuki-LED-Indicator-Leads-Pair-Blk/130803265506?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
brake lever stop lamp switch failed - new one ordered  :bugga:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Big Phil

Fitted the same ones to mine Grog and love the way they look. I did initially consider a belly pan but the crash bars smash the look😂🤣😂 Seriously though, I love crash bars, they look awesome and also add some extra protection.

GSX1400Convert

Quote from: Notty on Thursday, 17 September  2020, 06:44 AM
Pre MOT check - intermittent fault on n/s front indicator traced to faulty connector in headlight bowl -

I must look at mine too, I think I have an intermittent indicator fault too, they go:
ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF   :happy1:  :rofl2:
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there's no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

GSXKING

I moved it across the garage, checked oil, tyres and placed the battery charger on, in preparation for a ride Saturday.  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Notty

Quote from: GSX1400Convert on Thursday, 17 September  2020, 12:10 PM
Quote from: Notty on Thursday, 17 September  2020, 06:44 AM
Pre MOT check - intermittent fault on n/s front indicator traced to faulty connector in headlight bowl -

I must look at mine too, I think I have an intermittent indicator fault too, they go:
ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF   :happy1:  :rofl2:
mine go OFF - ON - OFF - ON - OFF - OFF -OFF  :bugga:

Irish in Oz

Self cancelling.

@Notty
Why are you using a ratchet for electrical work.

Notty

GSX1400Convert

The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there's no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

seth

Strange thing is my 1978 gs1000 had self cancelling indicators as standard .
I've no idea why they stopped fitting them to bikes .
  :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Mick_J

Quote from: seth on Saturday, 19 September  2020, 07:16 AM
Strange thing is my 1978 gs1000 had self cancelling indicators as standard .
I've no idea why they stopped fitting them to bikes .
  :cheers:

So did my 1982 GSX1100, although they were unreliable and the flasher unit was fully potted so not easily repaired.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

GSX1400Convert

Speaking of indicators..... fitted two pairs of aftermarket jobs yesterday.
Chrome at front, carbon look at rear. Both had yellow and black wires. You'd think there'd be a standard in cheap Chinese shit.... oh no. I found out after wiring both sets up the same and fitting. Front okay, back nothing, off they come and rewire the opposite way...fixed.

Going to ride to the Chilli, chocolate and cheese festival today at Murphy's Creek.
Oh no, poor me. I'm forced to go Samford Valley, Esk to Hampton and down the range..... it's okay, I'll take one for the team. Bugger, I may as well return the same way :smile2:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk