Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooli

140 miles around the Peak District with a couple of mates today, I'm seriously impressed with how well my 14 is riding currently, that manky swingarm bearing must have had more effect than I thought.

If I keep enjoying it this week it really is going to need an oil change before I go to Germany though, it's already marginal on mileage. Oh well...

gsxbarmy

Well what a disaster today - was tail gunner on a ride of 6 of us out around Essex and the bloke leading "missed" a turning - in turning around, foot slipped on gravel and over I went under the Explorer - well and truly. Somehow in going down the footrest didn't bend backwards and the whole weight of my Explorer 1200 came down pinning my boot (with my foot in it) to the floor with me under the bike. Fortunately a guy in a car came along after a couple of minutes and was able to lift the bike enough so I could drag my foot out.

Don't think I've broken anything, but boy is it bruised right across the ball of the foot underneath, just behind the main joint of the big toe, but the main damage has been done to the toe just inside from my little toe which is twice the size, a pretty shade of purple and hurting like hell. Can still wiggle my toes etc, but only just.

Lots of ice on the injury and we'll see how it goes overnight, as the afternoon has worn on, so it's got a lot stiffer and more painful, but I still have movement there.

Big shout out though for my Daytona boots - I think they really helped protect me from more serious injury.

What a donut though. That's put the mokka on my riding for a while whilst things heal.
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

KiwiCol

That's a real bugger Dave!  Your foot sounds a mess, best get it checked I'd say.  How'd the bike fare?
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Sweaty

Bugger Dave, hope it heals ok & there is no serious damage. Hope the bike came off ok also.

gsxbarmy

Thanks both. Bit of damage to the bike, more I think from picking it up off me to get my foot out and then having to drop it down again. Slight scuff on near side mirror (easily fixed) and top box, upper crash bars scuffed (will need to respray) main damage to my Barkbuster Storm handguard, well gouged but did it's job saving the lever etc so can't complain. Annoyingly I had just fitted the Barkbuster DRL's to them last week, only my second time out with them fitted and the fall smashed the one on the near side Barkbuster. New set ordered already, not cheap at £55 but there you go.

Without all that protection though, could easily have been tank and upper plastics done, which would have cost a small fortune so can't complain.

These things happen I guess from time to time.....(sigh). Just hoping that it really is only severe bruising on my foot and I can get out on the bike again soon,
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

GSXKING

GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Kiwifruit

Sorry to hear of your whoopsie Dave.
Pleased your bike is not too badly knocked about. Get well quick.
Best wishes. C & L  :cheers:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

grog

Barmy, sorry to hear about your bad luck. That sort of stuff happens in a split second. Get that foot checked thoroughly, i didnt last time and infection set in. Best of luck Mate.

Notty

The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Hooli

Mick_J

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Monday, 13 July  2020, 07:49 AM
Well what a disaster today - was tail gunner on a ride of 6 of us out around Essex and the bloke leading "missed" a turning - in turning around, foot slipped on gravel and over I went under the Explorer - well and truly. Somehow in going down the footrest didn't bend backwards and the whole weight of my Explorer 1200 came down pinning my boot (with my foot in it) to the floor with me under the bike. Fortunately a guy in a car came along after a couple of minutes and was able to lift the bike enough so I could drag my foot out.

Don't think I've broken anything, but boy is it bruised right across the ball of the foot underneath, just behind the main joint of the big toe, but the main damage has been done to the toe just inside from my little toe which is twice the size, a pretty shade of purple and hurting like hell. Can still wiggle my toes etc, but only just.

Lots of ice on the injury and we'll see how it goes overnight, as the afternoon has worn on, so it's got a lot stiffer and more painful, but I still have movement there.

Big shout out though for my Daytona boots - I think they really helped protect me from more serious injury.

What a donut though. That's put the mokka on my riding for a while whilst things heal.

That's a real bummer Barmy, but as if to rub salt in the wound two people liked what you did.  :whistling:
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Notty

That's a real bummer Barmy, but as if to rub salt in the wound two people liked what you did.  :whistling:
[/quote]
Name and shame them Mick  :rofl2:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Mick_J

Quote from: Notty on Monday, 13 July  2020, 06:53 PM

[/quote]

Shit stirrer.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Hooli

Quote from: Notty on Monday, 13 July  2020, 06:53 PM

If you click where it says '2 people liked this' it tells you which arseholes liked it.

seth

Only just seen this .
Glad your ok dave
Just older folk  was to be careful.
None of us are spring chickens anymore .
Hope your not in to much day after pain and the bike is all ok .
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk