News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Notty

Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 23 March  2020, 08:09 AM
I went out on mine & when stood next to my bike showing somewhere where the dodgy earth I'd found I noticed a wire snapped off the fan switch down under the ignition side cover. I'll have to look at that before things get too warm, assuming we're allowed out before 2035...

Oh & went up the Dales again to self isolate in solitary splendor.
and lots of fast left hand bends !!! I did invest in MCN and turned straight to page 3 as I usually do... :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Irish in Oz

MarkN

Cleaned the Bandit and fitted a power lead for the sat nav to it - how pointless was that

Mrs N cleared the driveway of weeds sacro iliac problems can be a blessing sometimes! 

Tomorrow I'll drag the 14 out and clean that too.

Hooli

I rode it to work & back, got the new rear pads I fitted last night bedded in.

Tomorrow I wipe the stealth coating off the number plate, ride to the garage to get a new rear tyre fitted & a MOT. Then I ride it to work. It might be going to work sunday too, all this overtime on offer it's rude not too.

Hooli

To update that ^^ MOT passed as always & it rides nicely on a 190/55 rear.

However this morning it's half dead. The ignition switch is only turning half the bike on (no clocks, no starter but it does have warning lights & lights). Anyone know the size of the bolts I need to drill out in the bottom of the ignition switch as I'll probably need to order some to put it back together.

Bloody jap crap!

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

Hooli, nearly due a rear tyre. 55 is a better choice you think. I know it makes speedo nearly perfect. Still straight lines on rails? Guess it makes it turn in quicker. Thoughts welcome.

Kiwifruit

I think the 55 prrofile makes the bike feel/ride lighter Grog .....  and you know l love my regroovable whitewall Cheng Shin 5's
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Andre

Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 30 March  2020, 05:06 PM
Anyone know the size of the bolts I need to drill out in the bottom of the ignition switch as I'll probably need to order some to put it back together.

@Hooli  M4, thread length 8 mm should do

MarkN

Hooli

Quote from: KiwiCol on Monday, 30 March  2020, 05:35 PM
didn't you just have the ignition barrel apart?

Yeah but I didn't touch the switch. The lock fits into the top of the casing, the switch goes in underneath so it's to separate things. I nearly did the switch at the time but didn't bother as it hadn't played up...

Hooli

Quote from: Andre on Monday, 30 March  2020, 10:34 PM
Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 30 March  2020, 05:06 PM
Anyone know the size of the bolts I need to drill out in the bottom of the ignition switch as I'll probably need to order some to put it back together.

@Hooli  M4, thread length 8 mm should do

Ta, I might have something about I can use for that then.

Hooli

Quote from: grog on Monday, 30 March  2020, 06:41 PM
Hooli, nearly due a rear tyre. 55 is a better choice you think. I know it makes speedo nearly perfect. Still straight lines on rails? Guess it makes it turn in quicker. Thoughts welcome.

I've only done about 30miles so far. It feels a lot lighter to turn & happier to tighten it's line or just hold it when asked, I'm liking it so far. I'd say it's probably not as rock steady in a straight line, but I did run a 180/55 for a while & liked it. I've gone back to 190 to get the speedo reading correct. It'll give me a touch more ground clearance too, not that I ever tended to touch the pegs before. I seemed to stop about 1/4" off the floor from what others told me.

Irish in Oz

grog

Agree. Solvol Autosol been my main thing since a young un. Polish King Barmy, not sure he likes it. Has worked fine for me. All my 14 shiny bits done with it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk