News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: GSX1400Convert on Monday, 03 June  2019, 09:40 AM

Here's a pic of me, with the non road going green framed one.
This was on the Kawasaki Robot stand at an exhibition in Germany a couple of years ago. I wanted to take it home with me.

The H2R is the track only version.
The H2 is the sportsbike, and there's now a H2 Carbon version.
The base model tourer the H2 SX, Australia didn't get this.
The optioned up tourer is the H2 SX SE (mine).
The 2019 model tourer is the H2 SX SE+, active suspension and phone connectivity.

I wish Suzuki would build something new.
They used to make great bikes.

Hooli

I rode home on my 14 after a week in europe.

Once I sort some pics etc I'll tell you about it, but for now the 2k miles done this week puts it over 131k. Oh & it's finally handling properly after my issues for the last couple of years so much fun was had in the Black Forest etc.

GSX1400Convert

Quote from: Hooli on Thursday, 06 June  2019, 06:46 AM

Once I sort some pics etc I'll tell you about it, but for now the 2k miles done this week puts it over 131k. Oh & it's finally handling properly after my issues for the last couple of years so much fun was had in the Black Forest etc.

I need a quick run from Calais to Jaca in Spain in a couple of weeks time. Garmin says straight up motorways and around Bordeaux. Any other suggestions?
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there's no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

gsxbarmy

Motorways will be the quickest route without a doubt, just make sure you have your credit card handy for the tolls. Would also highly recommend you get your CritAir sticker for driving through France, as if you need to divert, some cities demand it and the number of cities are increasing that do so. Not expensive, and you can apply online.

https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/

Also be vary careful not to drive across white lines if filtering in traffic, the gendarmes are cracking down as it's an offence. Also from reading articles they are using drones more and more to catch offenders.
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Hooli

Quote from: GSX1400Convert on Friday, 07 June  2019, 08:57 AM
Quote from: Hooli on Thursday, 06 June  2019, 06:46 AM

I need a quick run from Calais to Jaca in Spain in a couple of weeks time. Garmin says straight up motorways and around Bordeaux. Any other suggestions?

Don't? I hate france, it's always shut so I starve & go thirsty till I escape the place.

Mind you the ferries are buggered to Spain so you don't have much choice. Avoiding the tolls seems to double the trip time, especially now they've got their 50mph limit on all normal roads (almost no one follows it though).

T 24

Changed rear tyre from Pirelli to Dunlop.
Dunlop feels good, but every new "full profile" tyre feels good after old one.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: T 24 on Saturday, 08 June  2019, 05:03 AM
, but every new "full profile" tyre feels good after old one.

Spot on !

Many folk talk about how great a 190/55 or 200/50 is or going back to a 190/50 with 6" wheels, but if you change brands and / or go from worn out and squared off to brand new the change is always going to feel so much more noticeable.

Tony Nitrous

I've never had a GPS / phone on a bike before. Thought I'd give it a try as it's my touring bike. RAM stem mount onto a Quadlock system with an iPhone8 for maps, bike already has a factory fitted cigarette lighter plug in the dash and I have USB adapters. I may change stuff in the future but thought it might be interesting to try.

If I like using it I will get the mounts for my GSX14 and B-King too

Kiwifruit

Took the bike to get a Warrant of Fitness (MOT) yesterday. As expected it flew through.  :onya:

Mechanic did mention the rear pads were getting down so l ordered a set of EBC GG's to put in sometime in the future.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Notty

The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

KiwiCol

I wouldn't have thought you'd run up enough miles to warrant a change Notty, or was it because the filter got rusty?
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Tony Nitrous

This morning. 249K's / 149 miles to try my new gloves out and my phone (as Satnav) mount out. Happy with both.

16 degrees C when I set off, 24 C on the way home. That's OK for the second week of Winter.

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: KiwiCol on Sunday, 09 June  2019, 02:58 PM
Is that pic of the glasshouse mountains area?

Yes. Taken from Mt Mee. There's a car park where the bikes stop for the coffee van on the Woodford side.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk