News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwifruit

What a lazy motorcycle Beaker........fancy laying down for a sleep like that. :thumbs_down:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Notty

Actually its what I am doing tomorrow - clean bike and second ride of the year so watch this space or the for sale classifieds ! :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Hooli

Careful Notty, it might need fuel before the end of the decade if you keep using it!

Globalrider

A recent addition to the stable - another GS - not mine but I may be delivering it from BC to New Brunswick - long ride!!
:hat:
Stan
I need to go somewhere I've not been but won't know until I get there!

Hooli

Fork oil change & steering bearings regreased. I've got a slightly draggy caliper to rebuild too, I might do that tomorrow after I take the wheels next door for new tyres.

Notty

Quote from: Hooli on Wednesday, 15 May  2019, 07:33 AM
Careful Notty, it might need fuel before the end of the decade if you keep using it!
Put in 15 litres with trip showing 160 miles  :) did a 60 mile ride but too many cars !!  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Big Geordi

Changed clutch fluid and put in rubbery grommet thing ;)

erbas

Wanted to do the same, but what did I find?
No I did not ride the bike since I got it in April, due to the many surprises.
This is the latest one  :)
14K3, RP02,PC43, 2J4, SC54, W201, W124

KiwiCol

Yes, that's normal, chain oil & road grit stuck to the clutch pushrod. Pull it out, clean it up, bit of lube / light grease & she'll be good as gold.   Whilst you're in there, may as well add the busa seal to the slave, the same gunk gets in there too. Easy job.  New fluid would also be next thing, also easy job, then clutch is sorted & good as new, well, actually better, as you've added another seal to it.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

gsxbarmy

Quote from: KiwiCol on Friday, 17 May  2019, 02:58 AM
Yes, that's normal, chain oil & road grit stuck to the clutch pushrod. Pull it out, clean it up, bit of lube / light grease & she'll be good as gold.   Whilst you're in there, may as well add the busa seal to the slave, the same gunk gets in there too. Easy job.  New fluid would also be next thing, also easy job, then clutch is sorted & good as new, well, actually better, as you've added another seal to it.

http://gsx1400owners.org/forum/index.php?topic=259.0
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Hooli

Yesterday mine got fork oil changed & the steering bearings regreased.

Today it got new tyres & the brakes cleaned. One of the tiny bolts holding the silver anti-rattle plate on the back of a caliper snapped off just below surface level of a caliper though. I was putting bugger all force on it & the bolts got replaced a few years ago, so it's rather annoying.

Looks like the pillar drill etc will get a bit of use at the weekend before trying to source a helicoil that small or drilling it larger & retapping - I know I'll ruin the thread so no point pretending I won't.

erbas

I think the pushrod is just dead. One of the cheaper things to be replaced
14K3, RP02,PC43, 2J4, SC54, W201, W124

Andre

Quote from: Hooli on Friday, 17 May  2019, 05:11 AM
Yesterday mine got fork oil changed & the steering bearings regreased.

Today it got new tyres & the brakes cleaned. One of the tiny bolts holding the silver anti-rattle plate on the back of a caliper snapped off just below surface level of a caliper though. I was putting bugger all force on it & the bolts got replaced a few years ago, so it's rather annoying.

Looks like the pillar drill etc will get a bit of use at the weekend before trying to source a helicoil that small or drilling it larger & retapping - I know I'll ruin the thread so no point pretending I won't.

I was lucky that one of mine snapped above the surface. Hardly put any force on it either. I think drilling it larger and retapping it pays off in the long-run.

Hooli

Quote from: erbas on Friday, 17 May  2019, 05:32 AM
I think the pushrod is just dead. One of the cheaper things to be replaced

That's fine. It only moves about 10mm so the mucky bit never goes into the engine casing. I'm pretty sure the oil seal in the block that the pushrod goes through is deep inside the block too, rather than at the edge where the mucky bit of that would go.

KiwiCol

Erbas, just clean it off.  if it's stubborn, a little emery or sandpaper will get it back.   Pretty sure they're SS.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk