News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooli

Who can spot my mistake last time I fitted brake pads?

Del

All Lives Matter
...until you multiply them by the speed of light squared. Then all lives energy.

A 'feuchainn gu cruaidh gus fuck a thoirt seachad - ach gu mì-fhortanach a' fàilligeadh

KiwiCol

Ferk!!!   :doh:  You's a lucky man Hooli, especially with the miles you cover.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Red Biker

Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

Notty

The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

seth

:doh: :facepalm:
Thing is we've all done something like it once and like you got away with it in the past .
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Hooli

To be fair, the front bolt on that caliper was loose, so I'd fitted both & forgot to tighten them. It's got a shiney new one in now, it's gonna take ages for it to match the rest of the bike.

Andre

I was afraid that this would happen. There are wreckers who sell bags of used bolts of the 14 probably costing as much as one shiny bolt. Would cut the aging time a bit :imrgreen:

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 29 April  2019, 04:49 AM
To be fair, the front bolt on that caliper was loose, so I'd fitted both & forgot to tighten them. It's got a shiney new one in now, it's gonna take ages for it to match the rest of the bike.

Still you have to start the rebuild somewhere Andy. Now just the rest of the bike to replace to match the bolt then  :rofl2: :rofl2:
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

seth

That's a terrible think to say @gsxbarmy he already said he'd changed the brake pads too  :stir: :whistling:

Sethbot Postwhore

grog

Years ago, before i bought 14, had full checkover done by Suzuki shop.Was part of the deal buying it, everything had to be perfect or no buy.  Hadnt had a chance to do my own checks. Off for a ride, bolt fell out of front caliper. After my checks, found at least 10 things wrong. Suspension wasnt even set the the same on both sides. Wont go into the list but this shop did and still gets rated highly. 

Red Biker

@ hooli I think I have a full set of pro bolt stainless for front and back if interested.

I could always roll them around in a bag of coal so they blend in  :whatever:
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

Kiwifruit

Wise Chinese man once say " the bolt you leave out gives you the least hassle"  :facepalm:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Hooli

Quote from: Red Biker on Monday, 29 April  2019, 09:34 PM
@ hooli I think I have a full set of pro bolt stainless for front and back if interested.

I could always roll them around in a bag of coal so they blend in  :whatever:

Stainless? how do you make that rust then?  :happy1:

Cheers for the offer but it's fine now, odd bolts set people like Barmy off so are always worth having. There's an odd one in a front caliper too as that one snapped years ago.

seth

I'll have a rake in my bolt box as I have a couple of spare sets of standard bolts that are used and aged but in great Nick I could send you a set to make them all the same lol
:stir:

Sethbot Postwhore

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk