News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

northern

@Red Biker
You know, Red I have something similar in my head. Except red calipers (they could be red, if they would be original radial Brembo's :) )

only thing - plain white tank seems a little bit "empty" and cause I don't like to point out branding, I'm thinking about some strips...
Something like i recently saw on facebook. Like idea very much, except front fender. And obviously, in opposite colours :) (may be blue stripe)

Tony Nitrous

I used mine !  (I haven't recently).

A trip into the city, through the traffic and free parking.
My ute has a longer tray and isn't great in city car parks.

I now have my shoots for Tetanus, Diphtheria, Typhoid, Hepatitis-A and Whooping cough.

Blubber

Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Saturday, 09 June  2018, 01:38 PM

A trip into the city, through the traffic and free parking..

I now have my shoots for Tetanus, Diphtheria, Typhoid, Hepatitis-A and Whooping cough.

If you need all that for a ride on the 14.... Might i suggest cleaning it first  :rofl2:
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Blubber on Saturday, 09 June  2018, 07:01 PM
Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Saturday, 09 June  2018, 01:38 PM

A trip into the city, through the traffic and free parking..

If you need all that for a ride on the 14.... Might i suggest cleaning it first  :rofl2:

I was going to post some pics up of my "Black Rat", but I'm not sure I'd want to be banned just yet...  ;)

KiwiCol

Irish has a grey rat on his bandit, guess you can have a black rat on yer 14 Tony, you've got a blue tongue in yer garage after all . . .  :lol:

Del

Since I rebuilt the front end of my bike its always felt a bit hard and something in my mind made me think I could have filled with the stanchion fully out ... Yip I had (seriously don't give me anything sharper than a pillow) so emptied out cleaned and refilled this time with the stanchion fully depressed - all good - I filled it with the Smith and Allen Limitless fork oil (was £29.99 for 5 litres)

changed the oil again Smith & Allen Limitless another issue was some eedjit (me) horsed the old oil filter on so was a mare to get off but all done now

Adjusted the TPS

washed and polished it

Jobs a good un - but Im a bit buggered
All Lives Matter
...until you multiply them by the speed of light squared. Then all lives energy.

A 'feuchainn gu cruaidh gus fuck a thoirt seachad - ach gu mì-fhortanach a' fàilligeadh

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: KiwiCol on Saturday, 09 June  2018, 07:49 PM
Irish has a grey rat on his bandit, guess you can have a black rat on yer 14 Tony, you've got a blue tongue in yer garage after all . . .  :lol:

... and a Blue Heeler guarding it.

KiwiCol

Managed to get both bikes out for a wee spin today. Got bloody cold, but was good to be back riding again. Did a lap of the local area which includes motorway, residential & open country, about 85k each time.
Something that I noticed straight away, was the different handling of the 2.  The blue is all 'decked out' for touring & the black is naked, but it was the cornering & 'flickability' of the black that really stands out.  It's strange as both same bike, tyres both pumped up to same pressures front & back. Suspension all set the same too.  Only thing I can point to that's different (apart from the screen etc) is the tyres.  The blue has PR3's (about 1/3 worn) and the black has Angel GT. (about 1/3 worn)

Honestly, I wouldn't have believed it would be so noticeable myself, but to go from 1 bike & then straight out on the other, the difference in feel was very apparent.  I soon adjusted though, no issues, just something I noticed.

On the black I'm very wary of my speed, the radar detector is on the blue, & it's 'possible' (read definitely)  that it saved me a couple of times on this mornings run. So when I covered the same route on the black, I was a bit more hesitant with opening her out.  Didn't stop me altogether, just a bit more hesitant, after all, the girl has to breathe & stretch her legs now and again . . .

I should be out there now cleaning etc, but they're not going anywhere soon, always next weekend. Might be time for another wine.  Cheers    :cheers:

Tony Nitrous

I moved the GSX14 to get the King out, you have to share the love, and the King hasn't had a spin recently, does it good to give everything a work out.

I had played with the idea of trading the King in, I don't use it that much, but I quite enjoyed today, riding home I realised that love or hate the King, it shares something with the 14. When Suzuki dropped it they never gave us a replacement. Both my King and 1400 are 10 years old, but I can't find a better replacement in their class.

Im loving these Queensland Winters!

Mrg

hi guys just got my self a set of road michelin 5 tyres £254 the set look very good so they will go on asap and see what there like  so wait and see  :onya:
look check and look again  then you see the fool

gsxbarmy

Finished packing and preparing my Triumph before the start of my trip down to Switzerland later today to ride 4 passes (was going to be 5 but Susten Pass will not re-open until the day after we start our trip back). Ah well 4 out of 5 isn't bad given winter was 2 weeks late finishing this year  :whistling:
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

grog

sounds amazing trip mr barmy. enjoy. mrg, keep us posted on new michys, might even sway a pirelli man, me, if as good as they say. would need to be good.

Andre

@gsxbarmy Watch that speedo down there and have a great trip to that great place.

Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk