News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Notty

Quote from: froudy on Sunday, 18 February  2018, 03:13 AM
@Notty
Looks lovely mate..Hope you're pleased with it :onya:
looks great Steve - thanks for recommending Ace - Top Guy  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

froudy

Not a problem Notty..He's a perfectionist and I'm always more than happy to recommend him :onya:

Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

gsxbarmy

Beautiful Notty - but surprised you have waxed it already? I've always been advised to wait at least 6 weeks before applying any coats of wax or similar to new paintwork by professional painters.
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Notty

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Sunday, 18 February  2018, 03:36 AM
Beautiful Notty - but surprised you have waxed it already? I've always been advised to wait at least 6 weeks before applying any coats of wax or similar to new paintwork by professional painters.
asked the painter and he said no problem  :)

Mister Fishfinger

Got a new tyre put on the back this morning. The old one was so squared off that when I took the rear wheel off it stood up on it's own, like a car tyre does.

I went for a BT023 in the end. I was going to go for a more exotic one like the S21 but the local tyre bloke advised against it. He reckoned an S21 wouldn't be a good match for the 021 I've got on the front, so I took his advice because he knows his stuff. £108 fitted including a new valve and balancing, I'm quite happy with that.

I can't tell you what it's like to ride yet because I spent the rest of the day cleaning it and doing all those little maintenance jobs that build up over winter. While I was down there I discovered I'm missing one of the centre stand rubbers, which would explain the "clang" when it first rolls off.

Cleaning a bike is a very "Zen" activity I find. I hate cleaning my car, it's really boring, but the bike's a different matter entirely.

Red Biker

Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

Notty

seth

Thats a great job well done I'm liking the full suzuki rather  than just the s .
Hopefully get a few of these smart bikes together in 1 place at some point soon .
:salute:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Red Biker

Quote from: Notty on Sunday, 18 February  2018, 05:05 AM
Quote from: Red Biker on Sunday, 18 February  2018, 05:04 AM
Luverly Notty 👍
Thats a compliment coming from the dark side !!  :rofl2:

I can appreciate the more 'Ostentatious' colour scheme is attractive to some  :rolleyes:
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

grog

Notty, looks superb. I also love the full badge. Great addition👍

froudy

Quote from: grog on Sunday, 18 February  2018, 04:08 PM
Notty, looks superb. I also love the full badge. Great addition👍

When I got my 14 the PO had removed the single "S" tank badges. They cost stupid money and I'm not keen on them anyway. A mate of mine did me some full Suzuki decals in silver vinyl...Five years on and they are still on there and still looking good.

BJ

froudy

BJ

Notty

Newly painted mudguard refitted and wheel back on after polishing forks  :smile2:
Never taken a wheel  off before so many thanks to all the help given  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk