Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

The future?

Started by frenchgixxer, Tuesday, 08 November 2022, 07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Nitrous

We had an all electric truck at work.

The guys were prepping it for a show.

They put the tipper body up and pressure cleaned it, as with all trucks going through the workshop.

I think it sat there for a couple of days until they could fly some tech guys in from down South to try and figure why everything was frozen and locked up.

We weren't very popular after that.

VladTepes

Yeah well 1.000.000 mile warranty will cover not much.

Given the utter disaster all electric cars have been to date when it comes to towing, I'd be interested to see just how useless this truck will be.

Oh and I can sure see all the big truck stops here (where drivers overnight) putting in 40-50 chargers.

Yeah NOT.
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: VladTepes on Friday, 11 November  2022, 11:01 AM
Yeah well 1.000.000 mile warranty will cover not much.

Given the utter disaster all electric cars have been to date when it comes to towing, I'd be interested to see just how useless this truck will be.

Oh and I can sure see all the big truck stops here (where drivers overnight) putting in 40-50 chargers.

Yeah NOT.
And then the coal or gas fired power station that has to be built to run those chargers, ah...I think not.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Kiwifruit

Was listening to a fella talking on the radio. He reckons in NZ we do not have the transmisson capacity to service the governments EV target.  Many houses do not have wiring suitable for charging EV's. We are also well short of charging stations.
Sales of the trendy EVs seem to be driven by car dealers wanting to make a sale.
I have a 2001 3L diesel Hiace and a 3.2L Ranger ute  Diesel is now more expensive than petrol if you include the RUCs we pay. (Road user charges) There is no road tax on EV's.......yet !!
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

VladTepes

Yeah Diesel is about 20c a litre more than petrol here too. Bloody ridiculous, especially a diesel is ah earlier distillate as compared with petrol so it's (theoretically) less expensive to extract.

I know the price is affected by the need for heating oil in the northern hemisphere (especially these days) BUT that doesn't explain the consistent price differential. 
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Friday, 11 November  2022, 02:34 PM
Was listening to a fella talking on the radio. He reckons in NZ we do not have the transmisson capacity to service the governments EV target.  Many houses do not have wiring suitable for charging EV's. We are also well short of charging stations.
Sales of the trendy EVs seem to be driven by car dealers wanting to make a sale.
I have a 2001 3L diesel Hiace and a 3.2L Ranger ute  Diesel is now more expensive than petrol if you include the RUCs we pay. (Road user charges) There is no road tax on EV's.......yet !!
I ordered a new petrol engined vehicle in June this year, for that same reason, diesel is going out / too dear.  It's a MHEV, so i thought awesome, I can save some money via the ev rebate.  Turns out it's not in the scheme because a) it's value is too high and b) it's a MHEV and not a full EV or Hybrid.

What a load of rubbish, the ev scheme seems geared to soy latte drinking, no-sock wearing hipster wankers with a personalised plated Tesla that only do 50km a week in in er city driving, filling up the roads their wanky 'Green' p.o.s. as they drive to their next climate change protest.

I hate EVs, it's just shifting the problem elsewhere, not to mention the extra hard to process rubbish they create.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk