News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Michelin Road 5

Started by steve porter, Wednesday, 21 October 2020, 02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwifruit

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Saturday, 23 October  2021, 05:42 AM
They are a nice tyre Roo, had 3 sets before the 4's.

I meant before the 5's  :facepalm:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Roo

Quote from: KiwiCol on Saturday, 23 October  2021, 10:44 AM
Yeah, sure you are mate.  Been a long time since I've seen a tire look like that, guess they're still around.

yeah haha  looks like over an inch of chicken strip huh ??   I used to run supercorsas on my old bandit in the winter series few years ago .  Melted edges looked serious stuff. On road rides guys would comment on my tyres thinking I was a madman ?????   lol.

Kiwifruit

Pissed down today for our riding course. Was a bit concerned about not having scuffed the tyres in. I did give them a good scrub with dishwashing liquid and a scotchbright pad. Today l learned you don't need to scrub them in. Apparently 'good' quality tyres these days don't use the release agent that used to cause problems. Well pleased with my Road 5's not so pleased with the right angle valve stems. Hard to check the pressures.

grog

Glad you like them Col. Still on angels,3rd set.  reluctant to change, 8 yrs now. I still give newies a rub over with emery paper, old habits die hard. Bad news about valve stems, was getting them next change. Was also thinking a Milwaukee or Ryobi batt inflator. Set pressure, all done.

Hooli

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Sunday, 24 October  2021, 03:23 PMnot so pleased with the right angle valve stems. Hard to check the pressures.

I'm surprised by that, I found they made things a lot lot easier.

steve porter

Quote from: Hooli on Sunday, 24 October  2021, 07:47 PM
Quote from: Kiwifruit on Sunday, 24 October  2021, 03:23 PMnot so pleased with the right angle valve stems. Hard to check the pressures.

I'm surprised by that, I found they made things a lot lot easier.

Me too, I have put them on every bike I get my hands on for years, must be the gauge you are using

Kiwifruit

That may be true Steve. The Oxford digital gauge that l keep on the bike just didn't work. Finished up using a PCL inflator & gauge tool that's in my workshop. Will persevere as they look OK and should make life easier.

Eric GSX1400K3

[quote :not so pleased with the right angle valve stems. Hard to check the pressures.
[/quote]

Valve stems with the cap go on the outside of the wheel Kiwifruit....

:stir:
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Kiwifruit

Thanks for that Eric they didn't come with any instructions   :confused1:

Eric GSX1400K3

Seriously though, I had trouble with the standard ones and the angled fittings on the typical servo inflation chucks. Since fitting right angle stems so much easier, but if you're using a gauge with a right angle fitting, it can make it difficult to check.  My trusty manual gauge has a 45deg fitting and this works very well together with the right angle valve stems.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Kiwifruit

My gauge 90⁰ but fits on OK. The issue looks like it doesn't make contact with the pin in the center of the  schrader valve.

grog

Col, get a straight push on digital gauge/ inflator. Work so well. Snap On/ Wurth about $120 but i bought copy, $35, works as good as others.I can compare as Wurth etc at work, copy at home. Best thing youll buy.

Kiwifruit

Thanks Greg will scout one out. I do see the Wurth rep but like you say bit pricey and their calenders are not as good as they used to be.

grog

Col, would like to put link up, then my ebay history all gets shown. Dont know a way around that, does anyone?

Notty

150 miles on the Battalax T32 - bike is transformed !! :) :) :) :) :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk