Replacing wheel, sprocket carrier, swing arm bearings etc etc.

Started by Nic, Wednesday, 10 May 2023, 01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irish in Oz

In the past I had to purchase a rear wheel for the 1400, it was supposed to be for that model but turned out to be suitable for a GSX1000R among others.
The main difference was the width of the hub where the cush rubbers go was about 20 to 25mm wider.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: SpongeBob on Wednesday, 17 May  2023, 06:19 PM
Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Wednesday, 17 May  2023, 05:14 PM
Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Wednesday, 17 May  2023, 04:57 PM
Quote from: Irish in Oz on Wednesday, 17 May  2023, 04:33 PM1400 has 5 rubbers Busa has 6.

As I posted above, there are 2 different sorts. This is the more popular 08-20 Busa and B-King wheel...

Not saying they'll fit a 14 but they have 5 and have the same fitment as some other Suzuki's.

As has been shown before part numbers not matching is a good guide but not a guarantee. Next time I have the 14 wheel out I'll check them side by side and know for sure.

I think the Gen-2 Busa and B-King cush drive rubbers have different part numbers too, although the wheels are identical.

definitely looks the same as the 1400 cush recesses.

I fitted those red ones for 08-20 Busas, from Schnitz Racing. It's not strictly speaking a 'straight fit':

- the overall size and shape is fine -- which is good

- the Busas' dampers don't have the central 'nipple' that prevents the damper to possibly fall off when removing the sprocket carrier -- which is not a problem as it's bit of a pig to remove the '14s dampers sometimes.

- the Busas' have small 'nipples' on each side close to the outer side of the damper. These should be cut-out for the damper to fully fit in the '14 wheel. As you can see in the Busa's wheel, there is a recess in the bottom of each damper 'slot', which is not there in the '14 wheel.

- this is a *very* tight fit and rubber is quite harder: be prepared to have a bit of hard times to fully refitting the sprockets carrier

Cush_Drive_2__35448.jpg

Thank you SpongeBob, that was exactly what I was trying to find out. I need to order a set or two and might include some for my 14.

Appreciate the info. Cheers.

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: grog on Wednesday, 17 May  2023, 06:09 PMYou 14 riders must ride hard. Cush blocks in mine still look/fit like new. Guess i need to turn the throttle harder.  :laugh:
not saying mine are worn, but after what @Nic posted regarding his rebuild, I still have slow speed hesitation, tps, stps, fuelling chain and sprockets etc all ok, just never thought it could be the rubber cush drive, worth checking I reckon.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Nic

The fancy red Schnitz ones, $65us shipping, total = $125usd = around $187 AU before paypal rips you off with the exchange rate if you go that way so more like $200 AU. Oh that's before good ol GST as well  :facepalm:

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Nic on Thursday, 18 May  2023, 09:16 AMThe fancy red Schnitz ones, $65us shipping, total = $125usd = around $187 AU before paypal rips you off with the exchange rate if you go that way so more like $200 AU. Oh that's before good ol GST as well  :facepalm:

For me they are the right part for the job on my Gen-2.

I'll let you know what they cost me. I have a local guy who's heavily into his drags and imports a bit for other racers, he uses Brocks, Airtech and other US and UK suppliers.  I know I can get them here for around AU$150 but I hope to get better than that.

Nic

Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Thursday, 18 May  2023, 09:48 AM
Quote from: Nic on Thursday, 18 May  2023, 09:16 AMThe fancy red Schnitz ones, $65us shipping, total = $125usd = around $187 AU before paypal rips you off with the exchange rate if you go that way so more like $200 AU. Oh that's before good ol GST as well  :facepalm:

For me they are the right part for the job on my Gen-

I'll let you know what they cost me. I have a local guy who's heavily into his drags and imports a bit for other racers, he uses Brocks, Airtech and other US and UK suppliers.  I know I can get them here for around AU$150 but I hope to get better than that.
I'd be interested in a set if you can get them for $150 or less. Maybe some other members as well? Don't know if it would be a drama for you but I for one would be interested. Can send funds when you are ready. If it's a drama just say, no probs.
Actually, forget all that mate, I'll get a stock set sometime in the future, the shims are doing a good job of it for now.

Nic

I returned the groovy rear sprocket along with the front one and the chain, refund came through today. All the Koyo wheel bearings are now here, still waiting on the swingarm ones. They will all sit on the shelf for future use if I live long enough.

grog

Yeah Nic, same. A few spare brgs etc on my shelves. They dont stuff up in Oz as much as cold, salty areas.

Nic

Quote from: grog on Thursday, 18 May  2023, 06:05 PMYeah Nic, same. A few spare brgs etc on my shelves. They dont stuff up in Oz as much as cold, salty areas.
Well it's bloody cold down here right now mate, at least I'm inland away from the salt air.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk